1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

new Yoox codes and sales - post them here

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by GoldenTribe, Aug 6, 2011.

1. Raindrop

Raindrop Senior member

Thanks for charging "Local Tax & Duties" (roughly ~30% of total purchase + shipping) to Canada, Yoox. I won't find myself purchasing from there anymore and I also expect your revenue from Canadians will drop significantly.

2. AE7

AE7 Senior member

Has anyone else noticed prices increase at Yoox? I judge by looking at prices for Lardini and Brunello Cucinelli, even on a maximum discount they cost twice as they used to couple of years ago.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2013
  3. LJubel328

LJubel328 Senior member

Agreed. I have to wait till the 50-60% markdown + a code to get the same prices as they were a few years back.

4. spidercan

spidercan Senior member

Yes, most suits and coats were in the $500 range, now they're in the $1000+ range

5. cv123

cv123 Well-Known Member

I have a theory on the increase in price- Yoox just started operating their site in China this past year; they know they've tapped into a Gold mine in terms of sales there, believe it or not the newly rich in that part of the world are willing to pay A LOT MORE than the western hemisphere for luxury goods. (if you don't believe me, take a good look at the streets or the cars in Shanghai); people walk into car dealerships with backpack full of cash buying bentley and lamborghini (true story on their newspapers). So gents I hope your dreambox item won't be snatched before they reach your desired sale level; just watch out.

6. lexmann

lexmann Senior member

7. Medwed

Medwed Senior member

Boston->NYC->Helsinki->St.-Petersburg->Budapest->A

I would not worry so much about Chinese. They are doing what Soviets were doing in the 1990s. The wave will pass and Chinese will be broke again.

8. md2010

md2010 Senior member

I wouldn’t worry about them too much. Chinese only know big brands and names – which are actually rubbish. They are unaware of niche brands.

9. razl

razl Senior member

When the "financial meltdown" of 2008/2009 occurred, clothing and other high-end retailers had to change fast. The following year or so brought lots of overstock to non-traditional channels (yoox, B&S, gilt, etc.) but they've since adjusted. Those days are gone. There just aren't the great overstocks and fire-sales for cash-flow that were needed during those couple of years.

At least, that's my sense of it having gathered as much from people in the biz.

10. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

there are still awesome sales to be found. you have to search.

11. AE7

AE7 Senior member

But it' s only a matter of time until yoox marketing will start to educate chinese on the niche brands t sells.

12. md2010

md2010 Senior member

It won't matter. Give them crap and put huge price tag .brand them as lv or Hermes they will eat it. lol New money all they care is what is big ... Its like yoox can bring these Chinese to the water but yoox cant make them drink !
    chines people buy lv or Hermes paper bags for gods sake ....

13. razl

razl Senior member

I agree, there are sales,but as everyone is seeing with Yoox, the flood of deals to be had from '08/'09 and even into '10 is pretty much over. Sales are usually structured, intentional, planned by retailers (and accounted for), floods of deals are because things went haywire - those are what made Yoox a bonanza for 2 or 3 years and just aren't going to happen until the next big surprise/collapse.

Like you, though, I'm still hunting :slayer:

14. Jbravo

Jbravo Senior member

No matter what, Yoox still remains tha place to spot best bargains ever in the kingdom of internets. If you show me another place that sells good Rick leather for 600 euros, I'll say that Yoox is a piece of shit. Until then....its the shit.

1 person likes this.
  15. cv123

cv123 Well-Known Member

it is limited edition for whatever reason.

16. coloRLOw

coloRLOw Senior member

big drop

1 person likes this.
  17. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

"Rick" :lol:

:uhoh: :cry:

18. Keoke

Keoke Senior member

I remember they used to unload lots and lots of Raf, Marni or Jil until around 2011, not anymore though. You can still find tons of Dsquared these days :D

19. cv123

cv123 Well-Known Member

I've pretty much stopped shopping at local department store after I discovered Yoox. Since it is not offering such terrific price as it did, I simply scale back on spending and the number of articles I purchase. I think of it as wardrobe editing.

20. redboat

redboat Senior member

Worked for me. Ending July 19.