new Yoox codes and sales - post them here

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by GoldenTribe, Aug 6, 2011.

1. usctrojans31

usctrojans31 Senior member

Likely 2-3 weeks since drops just happened.

2. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Senior member

Just received a flannel Cantarelli suit, and it is a horrible ill fitting fused piece of crap. It is from a diffusion line called Cants. Awful and going back.

3. long_knives

long_knives Senior member

Last edited: Jan 30, 2013

4. johnnynorman3

Yep. Same one (in the charcoal).

5. usctrojans31

usctrojans31 Senior member

That worked out well that someone other than me bought it! Hopefully you'll have no issues returning it.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2013

6. clausc

clausc Senior member

Hmmm. I have a discount outlet around that sells a lot of Cantarelli suits and jackets at heavy discount (70-80% off), but probably these are 3 to 5 years old. I bought yesterday a Cantarelli DB wool coat in boiled wool and previously a cotton suit that are nice. All the other suits or jackets I tried (Tailor, Washed or Jersey Planet collections) were of dubious quality and the fit was too relaxed and did not work for me. I suppose most of the Cantarelli stuff on Yoox is similar and inconsistent and unless you have free returns (not my case for Yoox), I would not buy them online.
    I have much better experience with Caruso from Yoox, but those are more expensive.

7. AE7

AE7 Senior member

I once bought a Cantarelli suit from Yoox, it was not the same one, and was from the main line, fused, boxy, carton like fit. It went back the moment I took it off.

8. AE7

AE7 Senior member

Was the PZ SC blue with patch pockets, unlined? Was the LBM suit gray with implicit reddish widnowpane/checks? They'd disappeared from my Dream, although from the European wearhouse (I'm guessing here). WOuld you mind sharing details and actual size once you and your roommate get them? Thanks!

9. tullytra

tullytra Senior member

:cloud: At least there were a couple of shirts I got free shipping for out of that purchase.

10. coloRLOw

coloRLOw Senior member

nope [​IMG]
    i get those:
    http://www.yoox.com/us/41339697VM/item?dept=#sts=dreambox80
    http://www.yoox.com/us/49125850KN/item?dept=#sts=orders80

just for fun
    do you guys think it's good?
    http://www.yoox.com/us/41324854HA/item?dept=men#sts=sr_men80&cod10=41324854HA&sizeId=3

11. AE7

AE7 Senior member

12. coloRLOw

coloRLOw Senior member

13. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

So, let me offer a second opinion. I have what I believe is the same suit in a tan / light grey. Also bought from Yoox recently:

http://www.yoox.com/ca/49127531AL/item?dept=men#sts=sr_men80&cod10=49127531AL&sizeId=

It's not the "Cants" brand but it is "Cantarelli washed" which seems to do with the treatment of the fabric. It's half canvassed, but otherwise I think it's a pretty nice suit and has nice workmanship on par with, say, a half-canvassed Boglioli (especially around the pants), but is obviously a step below Caruso, and as noted above is definitely more towards the casual end of the spectrum in terms of fit (not unlike a lot of Boglioli, Tagliatore, Lardini, and the many other Italian makers we're probably all familiar with).

I will say that there is something squarish about the shape of the jacket which may not suit certain builds - the shoulders while very soft and unpadded seem to be cut a little wider especially when compared to what is a pretty short length on the jacket. I ended up sizing down and it looks great, but I'm going to have to spend some money taking out the seat of the smaller pants - I guess that's the trade off.

Finally, I'll also note that the brand "shirts & ties" sell the exact same suit under their brand name - same tags including the one that goes into detail about the fabric treatment.

http://www.yoox.com/ca/49124992LH/item?dept=men#sts=sr_men80&cod10=49124992LH&sizeId=

"shirts & ties" seems to be a men's store or chain of stores in Italy.

14. johnnynorman3

Doesn't sound like the same suit to me. The one I bought and will be returning ASAP is unlined, unconstructed, and totally fused (I can feel the slippery fusing in the lapels). The stitching is awful, and the cut is horrible (shoulder width fine, but boxy through the waist and hips, and collar doesn't remotely lay right). Fabric is okay. I might consider buying the suit for 75 bucks just to get the pants, but like I said te stitching sucks.

15. long_knives

long_knives Senior member