1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

new Yoox codes and sales - post them here

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by GoldenTribe, Aug 6, 2011.

1. coloRLOw

coloRLOw Senior member

Last edited: Mar 23, 2013
  2. AE7

AE7 Senior member

Thanx. I mostly source my wardrobe from yoox as I am not in the West. American/English cuts are quite boxy for me. Another problem with the Italians, apart from inconsistency in cuts, is that they are damn short in torso and arms.

3. cv123

cv123 Well-Known Member

Anyone knows when does the first round of price drop for S&S collection take place? Some of the items are just too overpriced, even with a 15% coupon...

4. coloRLOw

coloRLOw Senior member

i asked same question some days ago, but no one answer me[​IMG]

5. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

I think it's fairly brand specific, but Yoox carries a lot of European brands that you don't usually see in the US, and they might use smaller sizing. My experience from shopping in Europe is that their "standard" SML sizing is about a size smaller than used in the US. i.e: a Euro medium is about a 38, whereas in the US, it's about a 40.

But this is just generalizing. You really have to try a couple sizes in a specific brand until you find out how that brand sizes. I don't know what Yoox could do about giving sizing advice, with all the brands and geographies they cater to. They use the tagged size in their listings.

6. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

That does look strange - must be a mistake. Here is the chart that shows up on the US site. The numbers shown here would be correct if in INCHES, but they list them as CM. Obviously they've got something screwy going on. [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 24, 2013
  7. coloRLOw

coloRLOw Senior member

i also shop on the US site.
    and i think the chart you quote is shirt size chart, not sweater[​IMG]

some one talk about the size convertion in the link above. and "40" means 20*2.
    i hope yoox don't make a mistake, because i already got a US46 sc which taged IT46 on the site.

8. AE7

AE7 Senior member

On sample sale they have discounted SS stuff.
    There is a great deal of intrabrand variation in sizes. E.g. Lardini in size 40 gets as small as 38 and as big as 42.

9. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

Ah, you're right. These are shirt collar sizes. So they are correct in CM. Don;'t know what I was thinking last night... :embar:

Last edited: Mar 25, 2013
  10. Peurist

Peurist Senior member

Just a quick note -- all sale items have now been marked as final sale items by Yoox. Looks like the Sample Sale is coming soon, so I'd put off any purchases on sale items until that is announced and you can get in an extra discount.

11. Hype1234

Hype1234 Senior member

If things disappeared from the site and are not on the sample sale site (like entire F/W seasons of things, not just one item), is it pretty much gone for good? Where do clothes go to die after yoox?

12. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

just saw that. kinda premature of them.

13. AE7

AE7 Senior member

You should have dreamboxed them. They stay there.

14. wakawaka

wakawaka Well-Known Member

^ Attaboy, kick him when he's down :).

Last edited: Mar 29, 2013
  15. Hype1234

Hype1234 Senior member

Now I see it.

16. Peurist

Peurist Senior member

You can still access sale items here -- http://www.yoox.com/us/men/shoponline#/dept=salemen&gender=U Just remember everything is now final sale. Some items, however, have been moved from the Fall-Winter section, and into the Spring-Summer section and will not be available in the Sample Sale -- that's Yoox's usual underhandedness.

17. mack11211

mack11211 Senior member

There are two factors.

One is that euro sizing in some things, like dress shirts, has always been slimmer than US sizing. This is why even trad Italian brands like borrelli did different cuts for the euro and US markets -- a shirt they made for neiman marcus was always fuller than one they made for a european store.

The other factor is that the brands on yoox are often fashionable and have a fashionable cut. Currently this is short and tight, with a high gorge and button point. In the past, it was something else, and in the future it will be something else yet again.

As a practical matter, Yoox sometimes note sizing issues: look for the legend "runs small."

Also, if you're dealing with a mystery brand or a mystery cut, you might check an ebay site in the US or europe to see if any listing for the same item has measurements.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2013
  18. mack11211

mack11211 Senior member

As I check my inbox for past Sample Sale emails, I find they arrived last on 10/08/12, 4/11/12, and 10/12/11.

So it could still be a week or two away.

19. spidercan

spidercan Senior member

Back in the day yoox would do the price drop a few days before the items were marked final sale. A pity...

20. stevent

stevent Senior member

A few of my items did drop past few days before the final sale got applied, was going to get an order together but forgot about it