1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

new Yoox codes and sales - post them here

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by GoldenTribe, Aug 6, 2011.

1. stevent

stevent Senior member

They used to do it automatically if I left note during return so I didn't check some returns and saw only about half did, probably best to call. Shoe quality is really poor these days almost 2/3 of what I have gotten was nowhere close to new quality

2. JohnGalt

JohnGalt Senior member

i received a couple of suits that were a diffusion line and not the mainline (which is what they were listed as). it's like you have to battle the get them to refund the shipping. I sent an email, was told they would do it for one order, no response on the second. I just filed a claim with amex.

3. JohnGalt

JohnGalt Senior member

dupe

Last edited: Mar 18, 2013
  4. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

I bought my margiela boots off yoox and the leather's all cracked and fucked up on one panel... I'm thinking some of the stuff yoox gets is factory seconds / rejects.

5. Peurist

Peurist Senior member

As a guy in the business myself -- you have to realize that Yoox is indeed buying stuff from prior seasons that didn't sell for one reason or another, or sometimes never even made it out of the factory. So there are bound to be discolorations, fit issues, etc.... on a piece or two now and again. A lot of the stuff is just overstock or overrun and perfectly fine, but there are other items that come along as well. They are buying in so much volume that it's nearly impossible to inspect every garment for these sorts of things. It's just the nature of the business.

6. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

when will your business be unveiled?

7. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

For people who received a partial refund before, did it take exactly 3 days?

I returned some wool pants that had some major problems in the hem with the threads coming apart with the slightest tug. I marked it as so on the return form online. And lo and behold that is the item supposedly still in queue while I got refunded on the other trousers.
    So much for being in honest. I am just worried that they will twist it around and say no refund because of damage goods.

The pants were already damaged to begin with . . . pft

8. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

Toasty I think I had to wait a bit but they've always done right eventually.

9. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

Thanks for the reassurance. I will let it be and follow up later then.

10. Peurist

Peurist Senior member

Oh, it's already up -- been up for a few months now -- http://www.peurist.com. Still have merchandise to be added and have to start properly advertising, but it's there. We're up and running, slow and steady.

11. NORE

NORE Senior member

This needed to be quoted...

Last edited: Mar 19, 2013
  12. long_knives

long_knives Senior member

:rotflmao:

Now quit all this chit chat and post a code goddammit.

13. coloRLOw

coloRLOw Senior member

they sell them as a suit...

[​IMG]
    Details: cool wool, solid color, lapel collar, single-breasted , button closing, single chest pocket, multipockets, multipockets, long sleeves, lined interior, three internal jacket pockets, rear slit, pants, low waisted, hook-and-bar, zip, no appliqués

14. stylexchangemtl

stylexchangemtl Senior member

arghhh i just missed 85% off fallwinter collection by 2 days

FML

Last edited: Mar 28, 2013
  15. stevent

stevent Senior member

Still plenty of stuff left man

On a side note, first yoox order that I don't have to return any items.

Really like the aquarama blazer I got and tonello stuff seems nice too though no working buttons nor canvassing

16. clausc

clausc Senior member

which items? Both of these brands could run very small, so it's a lottery.

17. mtmindc

mtmindc Senior member

SPRING13 - 15% off S/S items.

18. .Kurtz.

.Kurtz. Senior member

Thanks.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2013
  19. wakawaka

wakawaka Well-Known Member

Will the prices on winter collection go down any more, or is 85% the lowest Yoox goes? I think there was a 90% some time ago... Things I'm interested in are still too expensive, discounted by a half or so, dammit.

I'm using the European Yoox, 85% has been here for a few weeks now, and a message has just appeared: "Goodbye winter: Countdown to the last day of the Autumn-Winter Collection". Crap - does that mean they're just gonna dump all the stuff? Gonna put it on full price again?

There was free shipping a few days ago and thinking that I will make a one huge purchase when prices go down a little bit more, I decided to pass up on it - way to go.

20. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

They do a sample sale with final drops, but most items will be final sale and non-returnable. You can get better deals here but it's much more of a crapshoot because you're stuck with the stuff.