new Yoox codes and sales - post them here

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by GoldenTribe, Aug 6, 2011.

1. Dan e gee

Dan e gee Senior member

Those in the UK : Pay with paypal and get 10% off plus a free gift wrap with
    [email protected]

2. andrewgreg

andrewgreg Senior member

a pair of boots in my dreambox is 30$ off instead of 30% off lol

3. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

photos?

4. andrewgreg

andrewgreg Senior member

5. yywwyy

yywwyy Senior member

It's UP to 30% off, apparently.

6. sprout2

sprout2 Senior member

Nothing leads me to believe it got "completely wrecked," unless you are privy to something I don't know.
    My sense is that they had to close down for a spell, plus UPS was not servicing that area anyway. I'm sure the facility wasn't/isn't fully operational, but why infer that it got destroyed? The fluctuations of the dreambox contents aren't a good indicator that tons of clothing just got swirled away in an eddy.

I had a couple orders from before and both of them have gone through OK, just took longer than usual. One is still in transit.

7. NaTionS

NaTionS Senior member

One thing in my dream box only dropped by 4% -_-

8. cv123

cv123 Well-Known Member

Is it possible to order an item on Yoox that is available in one of the europe website but not in US? It's all from the same warehouse in italy I presume...

9. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Or better yet, is it possible to order an item that is priced much more favorably in euros than in dollars? I just looked at some items in Euro pricing, and unless my google currency calculator is way off, the euro-denominated prices are much much better.

As an example, the Il Gergo shoes are all priced at $344 which I calculate as being around 270 EUR. But if you look at the same shoes with your shipping set to Italy, they're priced at 230 EUR ($292). Now the really odd thing is if you go to Il Gergo's website, the same shoe is priced at 210 EUR!

http://www.gergo.it

Thoughts?

10. winston

winston Senior member

In UK Pounds they're £219, so we're getting ripped off too.

Is that brand of shoe any good? I've never heard of them but they do some nice looking boots.

11. timeless

timeless Senior member

No...I've tried and was told they will only ship to a US address from the US website.

12. dinowhite

dinowhite Well-Known Member

the shoes look like a good deal as: they look good, Goodyear construction is generally an indicator of durability, the soles show attention to detail which is always a good sign.

the brand is nowhere in SF's 'radar screen' but that is not that important when it comes to italian shoes

13. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Yeah, they look nice and having poked around the website it certainly seems like they have pride in their products. The company seems to be based in Macerata in the Marche region which is known for shoe making. Perhaps an Italian version of Cheaney?

You never know what the next SF trend brand will be . . .

14. dinowhite

dinowhite Well-Known Member

that is for sure [​IMG]

There are several brands from the Marche region which look like good bets and I have been planning to go there for a while now, but got sidetracked. Last year while visiting a friend in Zurich I bought a pair from what I would assume is the same kind of manufacturer (Marche, mid 200 euros-well more once in Zurich) called Almas and I am quite happy with them.

I actually like them more than any of Cheaneys I ever had. On the other hand Cheaneys can be had for much lower prices if you know where/when to look. But I guess the same goes for these italian manufacturers, (if you live in Italy of course)

15. sprout2

sprout2 Senior member

For me the biggest fun of Yoox is trying unusual or sleeper brands and seeing what they offer.