1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

new Yoox codes and sales - post them here

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by GoldenTribe, Aug 6, 2011.

1. NaTionS

NaTionS Senior member

New CA law passed earlier this year. Tax is charged for online orders even if the retailer doesn't have a physical presence in the state.

2. stevent

stevent Senior member

I think he meant Canada? I've placed like 10 orders this week, a few shipping to CA, no tax.

3. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Senior member

Via Facebook 3 minutes ago: The first 250 people to use giftlove@yoox will get 10% off the entire spring-summer collection!

EDIT: After double-checking both codes, there is no good reason to use GIFTLOVE@YOOX, because not only will it expire at an unpredictable time (after 250 uses), it only works on summer items, while WINTERSTYLE@YOOX is the same value (10%) and works on everything.

Any idea when those drops might happen?

Certainly not, you don't charge tax internationally. We do have to pay shipping, however.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2011
  4. thisfits

thisfits Senior member

Pretty sure that was killed. When Governor Brown signed the bill, Amazon immediately shut down their California affiliates, ~10,000 or so. There was enough of an outcry that Governor Brown repealed the law in October.

I've also placed several orders in the past two weeks shipping to California, and had no tax charged.

5. StockwellDay

StockwellDay Senior member

I used WINTERSTYLE@YOOX on a spring/summer item to get 10% off -- this was a few days ago. That code is good until 12/21.

6. NaTionS

NaTionS Senior member

Really? The last time I bought from Yoox was back in around July and was charged tax. Need to pay more attention to Yoox now if they stopped it.

7. stevent

stevent Senior member

Weird, I bought stuff in August and wasn't charged tax neither shipping/billing both to California.

8. GoldenTribe

Good point. I just double-checked both codes, and there is truly no reason to use GIFTLOVE, because not only will it expire at an unpredictable time (after 250 uses), it only works on summer items, while WINTERSTYLE is the same value (10%) and works on everything.

9. coco2010

coco2010 Senior member

tried using giftlove to get free shipping to Canada, at least. didnt work :brick:

10. GoldenTribe

^ Only certain codes include free shipping (though it's [temporarily?] standard for US orders [over $100?] :fu: )

I think only one of the 10% codes in the last few months included free shipping. With mail costs rising steadily, you can hardly blame them.

11. stevent

stevent Senior member

The codes don't give free shipping since it's already free shipping on everything in the US. I feel kinda bat splitting up orders but given that I can get an item in two days if it's in the American warehouse vs. 5-7 days if it's in the Italian warehouse. They should add a located in info section.

12. cncrd

cncrd Senior member

I ordered a jacket last week from Yoox and was charged NC sales tax. This state is so cash-strapped that we're supposed to self-report ALL non-taxed purchases, online and otherwise, from Ebay to Amazon to SF to flea markets and everything in between, when we file our state returns, and pay the aggregate upaid tax at the end of the year.

My accountant looks me right in the eye every February and says "You didn't buy anything online this year, did you" while she shakes her head vigorously and writes "NO" on my tax return.

13. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

The next drops on Yoox are supposedly scheduled for 12/26ish, of greater than 10%

14. JohnGalt

JohnGalt Senior member

technically, you are supposed to do this in every state that has a sales tax.

15. JensenH

JensenH Senior member

Mark down has occured. Use "winterstyle@yoox" for additional 10% off. Picked up a couple of Kiton tie for $85 total. Somebody beat me to the suit I had in my dream box though.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2011
  16. JohnGalt

JohnGalt Senior member

17. GoldenTribe

Interesting -- some of the items I've been watching dropped significantly, but other winter merchandise which has likewise been steadily declining in price did not budge.

18. Ag229487

Ag229487 Senior member

Picked up two Piombo suits for around $420 today. Hoping the rest of the F/W drops in price soon, any idea if there will be further reductions?

19. clausc

clausc Senior member

I ordered this morning this K. (Kiton diffusion line???) cashmere coat from Yoox. A few other models still available.
    Ordered my normal size, but I would have sized down if available, the ones I tried here in Switzerland were a bit oversized. Paid around 300 euros, retail I suppose around 1000. Anybody having experience with the K line?

20. othertravel

othertravel Senior member