• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If they paid more attention to sizing and described it more accurately, they'd have fewer returns.

ImaPro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
but their prices will also be higher

cv123

Reaction score
I think the super star status is based on how much you purchase.

Peurist

Reaction score
JUMPSTART -- 10% off + free shipping on F/W merchandise. Good til 11:59PM on 9/3.

winston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Superstar status is granted based on your ratio of orders vs returns, that was the explanation I've received. The more you return the less is the chance of you getting the special status.

A couple of years ago I had superstar status, but, alas, it was taken away from me after a while. I never knew if this was because it was time-limited to begin with or because I was returning too much.

winston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've actually got used to the new site and don't mind it anymore. I just wish you could select to view more items per page as you could on the old site. (Maybe you can but I don't see the option).

If I order $1000 worth of stuff (esp. multiple sizes for try-on) and then send back $500-600, i still go ahead and take the refund minus $6.  I don't know why I bother, since I just go back and spend it within the same month... security blanket, maybe.

Do you do this often? I've heard (on here) of people being booted out of Yoox for returning too much.

StockwellDay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've actually got used to the new site and don't mind it anymore. I just wish you could select to view more items per page as you could on the old site. (Maybe you can but I don't see the option).
The new site for me seems to have gone from a default of 40 items per page to 100 items per page.... but this was my biggest issue also.

Quote:
I never heard this...

winston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The new site for me seems to have gone from a default of 40 items per page to 100 items per page.... but this was my biggest issue also. 

I never heard this... 

You're right! I see 100 items per page now.

I'm sure I read that people got blacklisted in some way due to returning too much. It was possibly in this thread. Can anyone else remember this? I've been slightly nervous about returning things ever since, just in case I reach some threshold.

Last edited:

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

The new yoox is hard to navigate to sucks

FTFY. And, to be fair, it sucks just as hard as the old one, only in a slightly different, tingly sort of way.

Last edited:

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I'm sure I read that people got blacklisted in some way due to returning too much. It was possibly in this thread. Can anyone else remember this? I've been slightly nervous about returning things ever since, just in case I reach some threshold.

Are you sure it wasn't STP? I've heard of people being blacklisted because of abuse of STP's extremely liberal return policy.

I return a lot of stuff to Yoox. With the inconsistent sizing and fairly useless descriptions, I'm not sure how it could be avoided.

winston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Are you sure it wasn't STP? I've heard of people being blacklisted because of abuse of STP's extremely liberal return policy.
I return a lot of stuff to Yoox. With the inconsistent sizing and fairly useless descriptions, I'm not sure how it could be avoided.

I'm almost certain it was Yoox as I've never bought anything from STP and I wouldn't have taken any notice of what their practices are. I'm not certain what the 'punishment' was, though.

winston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, that decimal point made me chuckle. I've never understood why they even bother providing that measurement when sizing overall is so hit and miss.

The more I think about it, the more I think you're probably right. I think it actually was STP and not Yoox. Now I feel like a dope!

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads