1. Welcome to our newest affiliate vendors We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendors, Shibumi Firenze bringing us classic accessories and bespoke tailoring from Florence, and owned long time member "Braddock", and Jonathan Abel who bring us their Goodyear welted shoes made in Portugal.

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

new Yoox codes and sales - post them here

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by GoldenTribe, Aug 6, 2011.

1. unsuitable

unsuitable Well-Known Member

It sure feels like a company moving in the wrong direction. If I like something I never put it in my Dream Box anymore (except for the occasional control item). If its in my Dream Box it will never go down in price. I think they have started to actively use favorites data against customers. Its their system and they can do what they want - but I don't order from them anymore and I cannot recommend them to friends like I used to do. Nothing golden ever stays.

2. bry2000

bry2000 Distinguished Member

I assume companies offer wishlists or dream boxes so they can do analytics to improve profitability. That having a wishlist offers customers a convenience is a nice byproduct.

3. robxznyc

robxznyc Distinguished Member

Although I keep hearing users making the same complaint about the dreambox and it also makes sense yoox could use this data for its own gain, it’s not my experience. I find dreambox still the most convenient way to manage my favorites whose prices drop in a systematic pattern, occasionally shockingly. Some items’ prices are very stubborn but they seem to be either initially priced already low or at bottom prices or are very desirable, all quite reasonable. I was comparing yoox birthday promotion between now and a few years ago. With more people shopping on yoox great deals will certainly become harder to find.

I still don’t know whether yoox intentionally marks extremely low prices on occasion to lure users to come hunt treasures or prices wrongly by human error. A few months ago I bought a leather shorts for $46 at full price. The retail price was over $1,200.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2018

4. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Stylish Dinosaur

what brand were the shorts? photos of these being worn?

5. bry2000

60 day return policy now.

6. robxznyc

_julius

7. robxznyc

Only applies to orders made from June 13 to August 31.

8. bry2000

Ah did not see that. Thanks.

9. robxznyc

60 days is crazy long. I wonder if yoox really needs to use this strategy to boost sales. It means I have to keep some sold out items in my dreambox longer to see if they get returned.

I expect to see more products with yoox tags showing up on eBay. These resellers are so lazy that they don’t even hide yoox tags. I reported them to yoox as it’s prohibited according to yoox terms of service although I didn’t follow up to see if yoox took any action.

10. bry2000

Yes, 60 days is long return period. I doubt regular way buyers make a purchase decision based on a 30 vs 60 day period. So I am not sure how that would necessarily boosts sales unless those buyers, as you indicate, buy to resell and that longer return window gives them as added incentive.

11. gfmozart

gfmozart Senior Member

A lot of resellers are buying super cheap brunello and zegna and marking them up on ebay. yoox frankly has no way of controlling these folks. Also, i have noticed they don't drop prices like they used to after richemont took over. Now they seem to be competing with the big brands during the classic sale seasons. usually I would expect yoox to be more active in the slow seasons like March/April and Sept/Oct.

12. robxznyc

Yea, I don’t know how yoox can enforce their policy of not allowing purchase for resale.

Were you referring to the 80%+ off clearance sales in March/April and Sept/Oct? They are still pretty good. You probably saw what’s picked over.

13. gfmozart

gfmozart Senior Member

No. I noticed that the more prominent Brand’s didn’t get huge discounts this time compared to last year. Now they are being pushed out for the normal sale season. To compete with the parent big Brand’s newer season stock rather than to be sold on the cheap in the Low season

14. half-canvassed

half-canvassed New Member

Update:
    Code used by Rexor12... it should be a one-time use code, but you're free to try.

15% off any item, use by midnight 6/21/2018. Please post if you used it so that others know.

YOOXCODE: LL9GTBWBUT

The YOOXCODE and promotions may not be applicable on certain categories and brands.
    This includes:
    Art, Clearance, Kids, Design, Sport, items labeled NEW, Kartell, Aurélie Bidermann and Montblanc.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018

15. rexor12

rexor12 Senior Member