1. Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Atelier Wen We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Atelier Wen focusing on quality mechanical watches proudly made in China.

new Yoox codes and sales - post them here

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by GoldenTribe, Aug 6, 2011.

1. heybear

heybear Well-Known Member

For me, shoes are the iffiest thing on Yoox. A lot of it seems to be house brands. Or stuff made for clearance. Maybe I've just had bad luck, but a lot of "Made in Italy" cheap leather and glued soles. Don't know why.

2. Melbush

Melbush Senior Member

I had an item in my dream box that was on deep discount, then it disappeared for a day or two and its now back at its original price, I guess I'm screened and need to wait for the price to drop again?

3. robxznyc

robxznyc Distinguished Member

I was just going to write about the same thing. A saved clearance item got removed from the site for a day and reappeared with a full price of $209 from the previous sale price $48. I wonder how Yoox determines which sale items get recycled to full price.

4. harlemriver

harlemriver Senior Member

This happens a lot because it seems they mark things down first then remove items that shouldn’t be included second. If it’s in your dream box or cart you usually can order thought before it disappears and it will ship, but you never know what they intend to remove from the sale. Sometimes I will hedge and just order an item I wanted when it gets a deep discount and sure enough it will later on disappear and reappear with a higher price tag.

5. robxznyc

I won't make generalized statement about Yoox's pricing practice and I don't think the case I and Melbush observed (sale price revised to full price) happened a lot. I've seen saved items got removed from site many times but none of their prices changed when they were put back. The only time I've seen lower sale price changed to higher sale price is after a price as marked promotion.

6. harlemriver

I’ve seen that that happen as well. More important though I’m not making generalized statements. Calm down. I am simply telling my own experiences. Take it or leave it. But there is definitely almost something similar to a glitch. Most recently, a Brunello suit I wanted had been $2100 since forever but then was in my dreambox temporarily for ~$700 (one of a number of items that were marked down for a promotion) so I snagged it because it would either be sold out or I figured it would be removed from the site until the sale was over. Sure enough after I bought it, the suit was removed from my dreambox completely (not just sold out) but removed - I couldn’t event google it. Once the sale ended, the suit popped back up in the remaining size at $2100. Again, take it or leave it. These are my experiences coming from someone who wastes way too much money and time on stuff I don’t need from Yoox managing 120 items across two dreamboxes at any given time. No big deal if you think differently tho. Again, no generalizations just my experience.

7. PDX-S

PDX-S Active Member

I have a 25%OFF YOOX CUSTOMER CODE, that I received from customer care for a botched experience. It expires tomorrow. If it is worth something to you, let me know. I'll check back in later today.

8. PDX-S

PDX-S Active Member

Code has been given out.

9. thomaslazard

thomaslazard New Member

Anybody knows why YOOX does not offer some items in Europe and if they restock them? Im looking to buy a Y-3 pants which is available in all sizes and no stock-limitations in US, but its "sold out" in europe..

Are there ways to proxy from YOOX US to EU (Germany)? Thanks!

10. harlemriver

I think sometimes they limit returned items to the country of where the person returned it instead of shipping everything but to Italy. Also, sometimes they have some country selling restrictions imposed by the designer/distributor. But I think it’s more of a cost savings issue for them so it’s more of the former of what I said I think - not certain.

11. robxznyc

There's $ there's a way. You can use a freight forwarder that gives you a US shipping address, collects and forwards your orders. I heard about myus.com and if you end up using it let me know your experience.

12. thomaslazard

thomaslazard New Member

I checked a quote with www.shipito.com as it is recommended forwarder here in Germany, similar to myUS. However, the purchase alone would cost me $190 (pants cost $150 but commission and purchase fees). Then shipping is + $30 and customs + $50. This is not very economic for me.

I thought maybe some private persons here would offer this much cheaper

13. gfmozart

gfmozart Senior Member

i concur with this. It most probably is a glitch. or somebody snagged it

14. gfmozart

gfmozart Senior Member

did you get the item that you bought at the super low price? or did they just cancel your order

15. OnlyTapered

OnlyTapered Well-Known Member

purchased several items during the last promotion, and they are currently in transit...when i purchased them none of the items were final sale...however after recently checking my orders and dreambox items, it shows one of the items changed back to final sale....will yoox honor the fact that when i purchased it, it wasnt final sale? It was a shirt that might need to be exchanged to a different size and both sizes are in stock