1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

new Yoox codes and sales - post them here

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by GoldenTribe, Aug 6, 2011.

1. gettoasty

gettoasty Stylish Dinosaur

Yoox experience is horrible now. Placed an order literally 30 minutes before the latest promotion and company policies would not allow the price adjustment. The old guard would have made the change. I even emailed them a snapshot (took a screenshot during the small duration when the item you just bought still shows up in your dreambox but is actually sold out) and the item reflects the promotion, even after I purchased it as "Last one available". Yoox...lol

2. vc74

vc74 Active Member

I love yoox, I really do. But now I'm starting to worry if I can trust them too. I returned something Dec 27th, received email they will refund. It's now Jan 18th, and still haven't received refund back to credit card.

3. UK2004

UK2004 Senior Member

When they changed the global head of customer service things went down hill very quick, disgraceful company now.

4. hentaisan

hentaisan Senior Member

Couple of questions from a new user:

- Every jacket they have look waist high on their model. Is there a way of knowing which ones are a regular length without buying and returning? Any brand recommendations for a traditional fit?

- Shoes - what are some tricks to determine their quality? If I search calfskin, can I assume it's full grain? Also, how are mid-tier italian shoe brands constructed - glued/stitched/welted?

5. Trdesign

Trdesign Member

Most items have terrible descriptions (down coats are sometimes not indicated as such) I usually copy the style code and paste it in googlw with the brand name. From there you can search on site that are higher priced and have full descriptions. Hope this helps in your decision making.

6. Peurist

Peurist Senior Member

As annoying as it sounds, with most items on Yoox, you would do best to simply purchase the item and see how it fits. This is best done by buying a bunch of items at once (up to 7 per order; 10 if you're a "Superstar) and taking advantage of the free shipping and flat $6.95 return fee. On most clothing items, a general rule of thumb is to check the material content -- i.e., something using 100% natural fabrics will be better than something that incorporates synthetics. The hard part with simply looking at brands and pictures is that other than getting a general sense for fit and aesthetic, you will not have an idea of quality until you put on the garment. Once you have an idea of brands that are focused on quality over "fashion", you will then be able to start choosing more of what best suits you from a craftsmanship and fit perspective. That said, if you have any questions re: specific brands, feel free to shoot them out here.

The thing to keep in mind in general w/Yoox is that it is a closeout site -- they are buying samples/leftovers from manufacturers, designers and stores. So there are varying qualities, silhouettes and age to the products you will find even from the same label. I tend to treat Yoox the same way as I would shopping at Marshalls or TJMaxx -- find a whole bunch of things that may look good, try them on, and send back what I don't want, with the difference being that you pay a small fee for returning the goods.