• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

robxznyc

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
@518aata I think 30% off from the app is only offered to selected accounts via promotional emails and the website banner with code: MORE4YOU.

Apparently, between a regular account and superstar there's another tier of members with some privileges, such as additional % discount and early access to promotions. I think it's a change implemented this year discreetly, for instance when such privilege is offered I noticed in the subject line of the promotional emails wording like "just for you, Rob." I'd never been addressed by my name previously in the promotional emails. The last time I received such promotion is in March for early access plus 30% off from the app vs. 25% from the website, but there was a bug in the app that only took 25% off. I remember the promotional email subject line reads "Not a typo! You get 30% off...Rob." I forwarded the email to customer care and the response was that it was a typo and the promotion was only 25% off. lol. So I figured this must be a new change that they weren't even communicated adequately internally.

Last edited:

Mr Engineer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@518aata I think 30% off from the app is only offered to selected accounts via promotional emails and the website banner with code: MORE4YOU.

Apparently, between a regular account and superstar there's another tier of members with some privileges, such as additional % discount and early access to promotions. I think it's a change implemented this year discreetly, for instance when such privilege is offered I noticed in the subject line of the promotional emails wording like "just for you, Rob." I'd never been addressed by my name previously in the promotional emails. The last time I received such promotion is in March for early access plus 30% off from the app vs. 25% from the website, but there was a bug in the app that only took 25% off. I remember the promotional email subject line reads "Not a typo! You get 30% off...Rob." I forwarded the email to customer care and the response was that it was a typo and the promotion was only 25% off. lol. So I figured this must be a new change that they weren't even communicated adequately internally.
Was about to say because I didn't see no 30% off

Medwed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't need anything from Yoox , I already have everything.

518aata

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@518aata
 I think 30% off from the app is only offered to selected accounts via promotional emails and the website banner with code: MORE4YOU.

I recently lost my Superstar status, so I assumed it was available to everyone. I wonder what those of us in the "intermediate" tier are called. . . .

robxznyc

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
@518aata my encounters with customer care both in the US and Italy have given me the impression that this is so new and poorly communicated internally that they don't even know it exists, let alone its name.

@518aata : So long...Yoox. I have no room left in my closet.

Yoox: Hold on. Our powerful algorithm has matched each account to one of ten Yooxer profiles and calculated the average time it takes each profile type to max out closet space. You will soon be getting our invitation to join our prestigious concierge program tailored especially for you. For a small subscription fee we offer you precious space in our cutting edge low oxygen warehouse to store your off-season clothes. Our concierge will schedule home visit twice a year and on demand to rotate your wardrobe. Here at Yoox we are truly consumer centric and are committed to providing value added services to ensure your uninterrupted therapeutic shopping experience and to fulfill your needs of self-expression through style and fashion.

@Medwed : So long...Yoox. I already have everything.

Yoox: Here at Yoox we believe we can have everything to satisfy our basic needs, but we always want more to satisfy our emotional needs. We sell luxury to meet the demand of your emotion that will only make your wardrobe dwindle, if not now, in no time.
stirpot.gif

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's what happens to me:

>See cool item at good price
>"But I need something to wear it with"
>Buys more expensive item to wear with first item
>"Well I can't spend this much on one thing and only wear it with one outfit"
>Buys something else to go with second item

and so on

robxznyc

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Some full priced items have been marked down by ~ 30%.

UK2004

Reaction score
Sale again, I thought the whole sale/clearance was finished....crazy yoox.

JSK165

Reaction score
Not to belabor the point, but good grief the customer service seems to have gone downhill fast. 3 weeks ago I ordered 2 suits. UPS delivered to wrong office building a block away. A day later UPS found the package and Yoox said that instead of UPS now delivering it a block over to the correct address, they have to send it back across the country to the Yoox warehouse and the warehouse has to resend it. Ok fine, annoying but just extra time. Yoox asks me twice via email whether I want the items resent to me when they arrive back at the warehouse, and twice I say yes. Today I get an email that I received a refund for the order. I call Yoox customer service and ask what is going on. Customer service guy tells me "yeah I see the note here to resend the order to you but that didn't happen." Wasn't sure quite what to say to that. I asked what can be done now so I can get my order, and his response was "I guess just check the site over time, but sometimes they get added back to stock and sometimes they don't".

Visual representation of current operations strategy:

ovebo5.jpg

il_colonnello

Reaction score

@UK2004 I've seen items I returned get restocked in 24hrs or longer, other times moved to the clearance section, or only show in other countries. But they always get updated first in the dreambox if you haven't deleted the sold out items.

Sometimes even if I have deleted them. A previously sold-out item gets returned, they put it back in my dreambox - even though I had removed it after it was gone. In the past, when I was watching a lot more items than now, this sometimes led to having more than 50 items (the ostensible maximum) in my dreambox.

Of the hundreds of orders I placed I've only received a couple of damaged items, 3-4 wrong items, and yet to receive items with clear signs of wear. 

damn, that puts even me to shame

@518aata
 I think 30% off from the app is only offered to selected accounts via promotional emails and the website banner with code: MORE4YOU.

Apparently, between a regular account and superstar there's another tier of members with some privileges, such as additional % discount and early access to promotions.
I think it's a change implemented this year discreetly, for instance when such privilege is offered I noticed in the subject line of the promotional emails wording like "just for you, Rob." I'd never been addressed by my name previously in the promotional emails. The last time I received such promotion is in March for early access plus 30% off from the app vs. 25% from the website, but there was a bug in the app that only took 25% off. I remember the promotional email subject line reads "Not a typo! You get 30% off...Rob." I forwarded the email to customer care and the response was that it was a typo and the promotion was only 25% off. lol. So I figured this must be a new change that they weren't even communicated adequately internally. 

correct, have noticed that as well

il_colonnello

Reaction score
Apparently the clearance section is gone... from all sites, European + US.

Not that there was much worthwhile left in there, but either they are preparing one of those annual(?) friends-and-family "up to 90 per cent off" sales, or, if it's gone permanently, it might be another sign of Yoox trying to up-market their image.

Their subtle changes in pricing and marketing tactics have certainly worked on me. I never had so few permanently marked-down items left in my dreambox at the end of a sales cycle as at the end of the last one...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads