• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

chrisjr

Reaction score

Some of the Caruso suits dropped like 15% for the first time and the 20% coupons haden't expired yet, so I went and bought a few. Do you know how big the drops will be then?

grr wish they had some tall/long sizes

Last edited:

RustyRyan

Reaction score
Anyone know when the next 20% of code might be coming?

Ag229487

Reaction score
Don't know, guessing for July 4th maybe they'll do something for the US Site? But they are advertising 70% off for S/S.

edit: Just got e-mail from yoox, looks like July 4th is part of the 70% off promo. So probably no extra discount.

It seems like shortly before each -10% drop, they do a promo code or two so maybe wait a week or so. I will say most of my dreambox was unaffected by the 70% change.

Last edited:

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
20% off isn't very frequent, and they did a 15% coupon recently, so I wouldn't necessarily expect an even bigger code in the near future

Last edited:

Rusty

Reaction score
Hi yywwyy,
Once you receive them could you share the size and shoulder width measurements on the carusos you purchased? Also, curious about the level of detail since this batch was so much more expensive than the prices that Yoox usually asks (even more expensive than the SDPs on yoox) - I'm wondering if there's an obviously higher level of handwork, better quality of fabrics, etc.

yywwyy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Rusty,

Unfortunately, I have returned the suits because their color/pattern were too off from what I saw on screen (Yoox is totally unreliable for detailed suit fabrics). However, the amount of detail and handiwork was excellent-- they seemed to be of SDP level, even though they are just labeled "caruso." However, these are the new, recent labels, which I heard now includes all lines without a separate line for the distinguished RCSDP (Hence the price increase in the batch of suits). Someone may be able to confirm this. One of the suits I purchased was definately spring-summer wool whereas some others were four-season. None were Fall-Winter fabrics. Fabric quality seemed nice, but I didn't look too carefully because they were not the type I wanted. They were highly wrinkle-resistant for their weight and looked fine. The Caruso suits on Yoox are divided in three different cuts, if you didn't see that already. Once I had them in hand it was very obvious.

Hope that helps at least a little.

Last edited:

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
**** this, they removed the free shipping. I wanted to order a lot of trousers and shirts on sale to get some nice and fitting ones (and return the majority), but there's no way I'll pay like 100€ for shipping. :paranoia:

Last edited:

LJubel328

Reaction score

**** this, they removed the free shipping. I wanted to order a lot of trousers and shirts on sale to get some nice and fitting ones (and return the majority), but there's no way I'll pay like 100€ for shipping. :paranoia:

it still offers me free standard shipping on orders over $200

On another note, one person said there will be bigger markdowns soon and another said not for awhile, can anyone confirm this?

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

:( So go for it, I guess it will be removed in the US soon, too.

In what intervals do they offer free shipping?

Last edited:

Blackmaged

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
how does yoox's "F/W Preview" selection work? is their inventory as-is or should we expect more restocks of the items in there already?

in other words: if one of the preview items is the "Last Item Available", should i expect it to be "restocked" at a later date since it's a preview, or is it just like any other normal yoox item?

winston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

how does yoox's "F/W Preview" selection work? is their inventory as-is or should we expect more restocks of the items in there already?
in other words: if one of the preview items is the "Last Item Available", should i expect it to be "restocked" at a later date since it's a preview, or is it just like any other normal yoox item?

Yoox never re-stocks. You've probably noticed that many items are only available in one or two sizes. As they're (technically) a discount store, they get what are essentially leftovers from retailers. It's probably not only leftovers (and if anyone knows more about where they get their stock then I'd be interested in hearing about it) but they often don't have a full range of sizes for an item.

Occasionally they'll put up an item that was already on the site, but that's rare.

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Yoox never re-stocks. You've probably noticed that many items are only available in one or two sizes. As they're (technically) a discount store, they get what are essentially leftovers from retailers. It's probably not only leftovers (and if anyone knows more about where they get their stock then I'd be interested in hearing about it) but they often don't have a full range of sizes for an item.
Occasionally they'll put up an item that was already on the site, but that's rare.

They buy store closeouts. A lot from Greece and Italy.

Ag229487

Reaction score
If you keep the item in your dreambox and it sells, wait like two weeks and keep it in there because very often people return the item and it pops back up.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads