1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

new Yoox codes and sales - post them here

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by GoldenTribe, Aug 6, 2011.

1. long_knives

long_knives Senior member

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  2. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Would guess that you can hit these figures more easily if
    1) you're shopping the design section
    and/or
    2) your account includes an acquisitive spouse (specifically, a female)

3. thefastlife

thefastlife Senior member

must suck to be rich...

:slayer:

4. winston

winston Senior member

Actually that's a no on both counts. I'm not interested in the design section (I don't think I've ever browsed it) and I've never bought my girlfriend anything from Yoox.

I was slightly shocked myself. I've bought a lot of cashmere knitwear and several Cesare Attolini jackets and suits. Plus all the little things all mount up. I think I've probably returned more than I previously said though.

5. saint

saint Senior member

20% off on selected items, including sale items. Picked up a pair of wool flat front Incos for $51, hope they fit. Got a box from Yoox yesterday with 2 pairs of Incotex Sartoriale, both in Super 120s flannel, one pair in blue the other in dark gray. They were pleated, so some here might not dig them, but at $78 each I didn't think twice.

6. coloRLOw

coloRLOw Senior member

damn, how you find the Sartoriale line?

i once thought those with button fly should be Sartoriale line, and bought two pairs. finally i got a RED line and a mainline[​IMG]

however,the both i bought are all not wool, so maybe i need to try some wool one with button fly?

Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
  7. OnlyTapered

OnlyTapered Active Member

Just bought 6 shirts and 1 pair of pants.

8. saint

saint Senior member

I didn't know they were Sartoriale until they arrived, so I just lucked into them. Sartoriale are made in Italy and have a two button extra closure in the front that is an extension of the lining. These have a zipper, I'm not sure if a button fly actually denotes any particular Incotex quality level.

1 person likes this.
  9. manasdirge

manasdirge Senior member

Care to share some pictures? [​IMG]

10. saint

saint Senior member

Sure, poor light and in a hurry this AM but these should give you the info.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  11. manasdirge

manasdirge Senior member

Thanks! I haven't saw made in italy incotex before, so how can one tell a Sartoriale line of incotex besides the made in italy label? and why are they better?

12. saint

saint Senior member

Better fabrics and more handwork are the main things that make them better. Besides the Made in Italy tag, the additional closure system (3rd pic above) and the basting on all the pockets. Usually they'll also have a Sartoriale hanging tag, but these didn't, so it probably fell off.

2 people like this.
  13. manasdirge

manasdirge Senior member

Thanks for sharing![​IMG]

14. Medwed

Medwed Senior member

Boston->NYC->Helsinki->St.-Petersburg->Budapest->A
    Double pleated pants of generous proportions at a discount? That cannot be true, noooooo:)

1 person likes this.
  15. saint

saint Senior member

"Generously proportioned"-that's what she said!

16. stu00a

stu00a Senior member

lol

17. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Anybody ever get an item with a security tag still on it? Do I have to send it back to get it removed? Is it even Yoox's or did it somehow get missed when it was sold on from the original retailer?

If it something that Yoox cant remove, can I use that as leverage to ask for an additional discount?

Any experienced observations would be appreciated.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
  18. thefastlife

thefastlife Senior member

so...my first Yoox experience wasn't all that impressive.

first of all, a pair of pants arrived missing a closing button with no replacements in pockets or elsewhere.

then i received two, what i believe to be, diffusion lines.

can anyone chime in and inform me if these are indeed diffusion?

thanks.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. long_knives

long_knives Senior member

I'm not familiar with gta, but I'd be surprised if the Giab's were made to any lesser standard. In any case, like all yoox purchases ymmv. Sometimes you'll get inco sartoriales and sometimes you'll get something else worse than expected. If you're not happy return them and roll the dice again. Take all part of the yoox experience.

1 person likes this.
  20. robxznyc

robxznyc Senior member

it's annoying when you receive products with minor issues, but given yoox's inventory size i do understand when it happens. i got a couple of items missing a button or with loose seams etc. if you want to keep the item you can take a photo and email them for a price reduction. they've always accommodated my requests.

for the giab's pants i won't necessarily call them diffusion but just from the sport product range. they might have a slightly looser fit or certain technology was applied in the manufacturing process. giab's seems to keep a closer check on the production volume to ensure quality. if you are really curious just contact them directly and ask about their sport range at info@giabs.it