1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

new Yoox codes and sales - post them here

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by GoldenTribe, Aug 6, 2011.

1. ilikethelights

ilikethelights Senior member

Extra 15% off everything at Yoox this weekend (no code needed)

2. Medwed

Medwed Senior member

Boston->NYC->Helsinki->St.-Petersburg->Budapest->A
    US Yoox is so overpriced compared to European that it needs 45% coupon to make it interesting

3. long_knives

long_knives Senior member

There must be a code floating around to stack on top of the current discount.

4. razl

razl Senior member

This. Seriously.

5. My Main Man

My Main Man Senior member

What magical places do you guys shop that makes Yoox's prices seem so crazy to you? I don't shop from Yoox too often, but I just did a quick glance and saw Band of Outsiders pants for under $50, Cantarelli blazer for about $220, etc.

6. Medwed

Medwed Senior member

Italian shoes and clothes are 10 to 20% cheaper in Europe even with 22-27% VAT included in those prices. US YOOX became incredibly pricey lately. It has been getting up in prices for some time but last time I checked mid to high Italian products are significantly higher priced than in EU. It used to be a reverse situation few years ago...

7. Chanklebury

Chanklebury Senior member

A particular item from a brand that's available on both Yoox UK and Yoox USA is only available as the item itself on the US site.

Yoox were decent enough to reply, and promptly too, to my enquiry whether it would be made available across both sites, but the answer was ultimately no.

Short of proxy I can't think of any canny ways of getting it sent via the US site to the UK - anyone have any suggestions?

The annoying thing of course is that I'm in England, and the item in Italy! Having the item shipped from Italy, to the US, to then come back on itself to the UK and presumably incurring taxes is rather frustrating.

8. alexSF

alexSF Senior member

This happens when an item/size is bought by an american customer and next returned, it will be stocked in the us wharehouse and it will became available only to us site. It's really an annoying thing.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
  9. Chanklebury

Ah, got it, thanks.

I'd originally thought that everything was shipped globally from the same Italian based distribution centre. Now I see!

Might have to use a forwarding agent then.

Thanks Alex [​IMG]

10. long_knives

the Yoox US distribution centre in NJ is insane.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  11. Chanklebury

Whoa! That is quite some set-up they have themselves there.

12. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

I would love to visit the place!

13. 518aata

518aata Senior member

25% off promotion started today (in the US). The code is yoox25. Runs through 8/23. Looks like it works on full-priced items only.

14. winston

winston Senior member

Using 'SHOP20', I bought the Caruso jacket you see below. It was still pricey even with the code, but it's really nice and fits perfectly over a sweater (It fits a bit large I would say). The shoulders are quite padded, as they appear to be on most of the Caruso offerings lately, and it actually reminds me of a Brioni fit. The model is 'Venezia Parma'.

The cloth is fantastic. It's a cashmere/silk mix by Loro Piana. (Loro Piana 'Sunset').

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 24, 2015
  15. Medwed

Medwed Senior member

Noiceee, dark checks are easy to match. What was the final price? In Caruso I always size down.

16. winston

winston Senior member

Uhh it was £867 after 20% was knocked off. A bit crazy for Caruso, but I wanted a jacket of that colour, so I'm doing the best I can to justify it... lol

17. jordanfsu

jordanfsu Senior member

Code: FRIENDS

Extra 20% Off Entire Purchase + Free Shipping

Expires 09/13/15

Just tested. Works as of September 9, 2015.

18. mr monty

mr monty Senior member

Is this the start of the "longer you wait, the discounts increases" sale? Maybe 25% off starting a few days after 09/13/15? :devil:

19. bsarosi

bsarosi Senior member

Yea, a little annoyed since I purchased several items at 15% off only to learn of this 20% 2 days later. I emailed YOOX inquiring about possibly refunding the additional 5% since it was a mere 2 days after their previous discount. Still waiting for a response...

20. long_knives

They had a "regressive" discount sale about 6 months ago... First day 30% off, second day 25% off, and so on. I'm waiting for that one again.