• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mr Engineer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seen this LBM jacket. Is this a normal sleeve stitching for an LBM 1911 jacket? From what I have seen there is usually more space between the sleeve end and the stitching. Is this jacket from an older collection?

alexSF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^lenghtened sleeves?

Last edited:

Mr Engineer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if there is fabric under to lengthen it.I guess I would have to just purchase and find out on my own

Mr Engineer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think that it is an lengthening issue. Notice the gap between the stitching and the button on this LBM jacket.

long_knives

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ you're overthinking it. Either you like the finish or you don't.

I don't. It looks off. Wouldn't buy it.

Mr Engineer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't mind the finish. I just don't want anything fake or suspect.

Epaulets latest summer LBM 1911 jackets have the same finish at the ivory jacket so its not anymore a concern

StormRider

Reaction score
Didn't realize the Yoox items from the 80% sales are from their Italian warehouse. Have a couple of shipments stuck in New Jersey Import Scan for the past 3 days, anyone has the same issue?

camomile

Reaction score
The new shirt sizing is bananas. 36+ = 38 = 15.5? 38 = 39? What am I supposed to make of this?

Ya, it's kinda jacked up. I wonder why they did it. I used to be a size 41 and now I am a size 40. A 40+ is a 42. I would think a 40+ would be a 41, but nope.

camomile

Reaction score
Didn't realize the Yoox items from the 80% sales are from their Italian warehouse. Have a couple of shipments stuck in New Jersey Import Scan for the past 3 days, anyone has the same issue?

Yes, it has been happening more often lately. If it stays there long enough, they will give you a discount. You can ask.

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The new shirt sizing is bananas. 36+ = 38 = 15.5? 38 = 39? What am I supposed to make of this?

Ya, it's kinda jacked up. I wonder why they did it.  I used to be a size 41 and now I am a size 40. A 40+ is a 42. I would think a 40+ would be a 41, but nope.

I finally took a look at this. Not sure what they are doing - are they trying to equate shirt size to suit size? That's crazy.

At least they still show the cm measurement on the size chart, so you can convert back to your neck size in inches (if you don't already know), and then look up their new "US" size.

Last edited:

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I finally took a look at this. Not sure what they are doing - are they trying to equate shirt size to suit size? That's crazy.

At least they still show the cm measurement on the size chart, so you can convert back to your neck size in inches (if you don't already know), and then look up their new "US" size.

Because the vast majority of stuff they sell is in tagged with EU sizing, i.e. 50, 48, etc, including shirts.

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Because the vast majority of stuff they sell is in tagged with EU sizing, i.e. 50, 48, etc, including shirts.

No, that's not what I mean. Dress shirts are sold by neck size. For example, when you see 39 (cm), that means the neck actually measures 39 cm around. If you convert that to inches, it is a little over 15.3, or approximately 15 1/2.

So 38 cm = 15 US, 39 = 15.5 US, 40 = 16 US, etc...

What they are doing is taking dress shirts and converting them to suit sizes. A 50 EU/40 US suit is the chest measurement of the wearer. Someone wearing a 40 suit might take a 15 or a 15.5 or a 16 shirt. There is no straight equivalent.

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, that's not what I mean. Dress shirts are sold by neck size. For example, when you see 39 (cm), that means the neck actually measures 39 cm around. If you convert that to inches, it is a little over 15.3, or approximately 15 1/2.

So 38 cm = 15 US, 39 = 15.5 US, 40 = 16 US, etc...

What they are doing is taking dress shirts and converting them to suit sizes. A 50 EU/40 US suit is the chest measurement of the wearer. Someone wearing a 40 suit might take a 15 or a 15.5 or a 16 shirt. There is no straight equivalent.

Do you have an example? Every shirt I've seen on yoox is either sold in chest size (cm or inches) with the exception of a rare few that are sold by neck size, but in inches. I've never seen a metric neck size on there.

Also, there are several Yoox warehouses. Their main one is in Italy; if you get something shipped from the US it's because it was a return. It usually takes 3-5 days to ship something from Italy to their US warehouse, but it's not like it's going through customs and I've never had anything take longer than that.

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Do you have an example? Every shirt I've seen on yoox is either sold in chest size (cm or inches) with the exception of a rare few that are sold by neck size, but in inches.  I've never seen a metric neck size on there.

Also, there are several Yoox warehouses. Their main one is in Italy; if you get something shipped from the US it's because it was a return.  It usually takes 3-5 days to ship something from Italy to their US warehouse, but it's not like it's going through customs and I've never had anything take longer than that.

I think the number you are referring to as chest size is actually the neck size. Virtually every dress shirt Yoox sells that has a single number (as opposed to saying "S", "M", or "L") as their size would be referring to neck size. In the past, a shirt that said 39 (cm) would say 15.5 for the US. 39 cm ~ 15.5 in. This is the circumference of the collar. This is normal practice for dress shirts. In fact, many shirts would show something like 39/15.5 on the tag.

In suits, a 50 EU = 40 US. This is the circumference of a person's chest.
EDIT: The 40 US refers to 40 inches. The 50 EU obviously cannot be centimeters and is some other index.

What Yoox is showing now is something like 39 (cm) EU = 38 US. They are mixing the neck size in centimeters with the chest size in inches. Really, what they are doing is saying that a "medium" person wears a 39 cm shirt, so they assume that person wears a 38 US suit. There is no need to do this, and it is confusing things.

Here is a picture I just took of a shirt I bought from Yoox. The tag says 39/15.5. 39 is EU, so it is 39 cm. The 15.5 is US, so it is 15.5 inches. Neck size. (If you convert 39 cm to in, you actually get 15.35; they round it to the US equivalent of 15.5. EVERY quality dress shirt is sold by neck size (and also sleeve length, when available). Standard industry practice.

But... if you want to use the neck sizing and are used to buying dress shirts that way, and you live in the US, then the solution is to do the conversion to figure out what your EU size is in cm, then use that information to purchase from Yoox, and ignore the US sizing shown.

Last edited:

alexSF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't think that it is an lengthening issue. Notice the gap between the stitching and the button on this LBM jacket.
I thought it was lenghtened due to the gap between buttons and hem, but in the blu jacket above It's the same, so this huge gap it's the standard for Lardini. Surely in the cream jacket, that Pick-stitching position it's just a designing choice. By the way, on yoox fake garments are very rare and almost zero, items with minor alterations or slightly used/untagged not so uncommon.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads