• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ultramantaro

Reaction score
caruso suits which i was looking at didn't flinch, the corneliani is gone and the paul smith suit i looked at went down from 540 to 375 (great deal for what appears to be in picture judging by the lapel shape, a mainline paul smith suit) alas but my size is gone. $ saved.

Last edited:

SteG

Reaction score
Just out of interest, is "Ballantyne of Peebles" vintage Ballantyne? From the Dawson International era, that is pre-2004?

coloRLOw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i think "Ballantyne of Peebles" is the limit edition of Ballantyne, CIW

hooker4186

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just out of interest, is "Ballantyne of Peebles" vintage Ballantyne? From the Dawson International era, that is pre-2004?

There are older labels that have that, but I've seen recent stuff (FW2012) with that on the label which is where I think the current Yoox crop is coming from. It's really nice stuff, well worth picking up especially at some of the pricepoints of the recent drops.

Racing Green

Reaction score

katabatic

Reaction score
Wow - has this happened to anyone else? I took advantage of clearance markdowns and the 15% dreambox code to try out a nice staple suit from Lardini. The security tag ties the pants to the jacket! Which is going to make it a bit challenging to judge the fit -- what with a pair of pants hanging from the buttonhole!

Geez. The security tag is no big deal for a jacket, but it's a bit ridiculous tying the halves of a suit together.

ImaPro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Theres a guide somewhere of how to take those security tags on/off.

Desiette

Reaction score
Wow - has this happened to anyone else? I took advantage of clearance markdowns and the 15% dreambox code to try out a nice staple suit from Lardini. The security tag ties the pants to the jacket! Which is going to make it a bit challenging to judge the fit -- what with a pair of pants hanging from the buttonhole!

Geez. The security tag is no big deal for a jacket, but it's a bit ridiculous tying the halves of a suit together.

No biggie. Just cut them off with a pair of scissors. The radio tags are used to track progress of shipment. In the event you decide to return the suit, just include the tag in the box. I sometimes take off tags from shoes before trying them on because the position of the tag makes it impossible to get my foot in. If after trying, I have to return the shoe, I just include the tag in the box.

katabatic

Reaction score
Yeah, guess I'll do that. It's not the main security tag - that's through the jacket buttonhole as usual; just a separate, smaller connector.

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ My last suit from yoox had the same thing. Thinking about it now - i think all suits form yoox comes this way.

ultramantaro

Reaction score
the 2 suits i got from yoox about 2 years ago had the tags attached to the one of the button holes of the jacket, so that's a first. As others have said just keep the tag with the garment when you return (probably just tie a know so it doesn't fall off during transport.

Medwed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It''s a recent development, I've bought a suit that had that idiotic attachment. Methinks, they are trying to stop people separating suits into different sizes (pants 46 , jacket 48) but if they don't penalize for cutting that thread and returning the suit then what is the point...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads