• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JohnGalt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If he buys everything he wants already, don't buy him anything - not worth taking the chance that he won't really like it. Take him away for the weekend and spoil him in bed instead.

long_knives

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If he buys everything he wants already, don't buy him anything - not worth taking the chance that he won't really like it. Take him away for the weekend and spoil him in bed instead.

Agreed. PM for explicit suggestions. :smarmy:

Lokesh

Reaction score

He recently just bought a couple of cashmere scarfs !!

What would you want your girlfriend to buy as a gift ?

Get him some Zam Barrett DNA Overlocked jeans. Once you get them, send them to me first and I'll make sure you bought the right ones :nodding:

kloss

Reaction score
its always cold here in canada.

at least i didn't suggest something like flavored condoms and bjs unlike the other guys =/
though i am sure that he would appreciate it...

long_knives

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

its always cold here in canada.

at least i didn't suggest something like flavored condoms and bjs unlike the other guys =/
though i am sure that he would appreciate it...

You have a pathetic imagination.

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This is a solid suggestion. It sounds like your boyfriend has the ability to afford his own clothes and it's a general interest of his own, so let it be. Surprise him with a weekend trip away to focus on a hobby or interest. Does he ski or snowboard? Go for hikes? Fishing? Does he watch sports? -- take him to a game.

It can be much nicer to have memories with loved ones rather than things. (Sometimes...)

kloss

Reaction score
Agreed. PM for explicit suggestions.
mwink[1].gif

oh my, being insulted by somebody who thinks "explicit suggestions" is clever. i think i've reached a new all-time low

Last edited:

Acrystal

Reaction score
We just had a child so it's very hard to plan trips at the current moment. I wanted to get him something he can unwrap and would love. He does have the ability to buy himself his own things but I thought for the moment now it would be sweet if I buy him something in his interest. He could never have enough clothes/shoes. Maybe get him a Gitman shirt or Tom ford fragrance ?

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I need help I have an anniversary coming up in 2weeks and I do not know what to get my boyfriend. He buys what he wants and needs already and I would really like to give a present but everything he wants cost a lot over 500$ Or even more. I have a little saved up for maybe a SNS but he already has. Don't have enough money to buy him a pair of Carminas any ideas ?

If he's like me and buys what he wants himself, try giving him something that takes time, but not money. Does he have things he's planned to do but hasn't had time? Do them for him. Make him dinner. etc.

Medwed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Buying random things as "very special gifts" is a sure way to tell him I am too busy to care. Random purchases of random things do not create memories, and afterall love is memories shared.

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sure you could spare a day (drop the little one off at Nana's?), and maybe take him on a shopping trip? The day would be all about him, you could get lunch/dinner together, and that way he could pick out something he really likes and you could pay for it? I'm sure as a new dad, he would really just like some time to himself, add in clothes shopping and his wife, it sounds like a perfect day to me.

However, I guess this hinges on whether you live near a city or metropolitan area.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads