• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lokesh

Reaction score
And how long do orders to the US generally take to arrive? I gave them my work address, and ordered yesterday. I work here only until the 25th though, and didn't think about that.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

And how long do orders to the US generally take to arrive? I gave them my work address, and ordered yesterday. I work here only until the 25th though, and didn't think about that.

5-10 days business days. Warehouse is in NJ so if you are in NYC then it should only take a day only goods arrive from Italy

Lokesh

Reaction score

5-10 days business days. Warehouse is in NJ so if you are in NYC then it should only take a day only goods arrive from Italy

Oh thanks, I guess I'm ok to leave the delivery address as my work address then.

Desiette

Reaction score
Don't fret. They may come back, or they may not. Yoox does this from time to time w/o explanation. Usually towards the end of season.
Check your dream boxes! All the items that had earlier disappeared are back! My dream box now has over 70 items. Free shipping with any purchase SSYOOXFREE. Works in US.

Gmbrox

Reaction score
Ok I have received the John Lobb. Brand new, no default, no R or S rated. I'll post pictures.

cv123

Reaction score
Ssyooxfree works. Thanks

Last edited:

Lokesh

Reaction score
My cardigan came in today. Pleasantly surprised by the extremely quick delivery! If this came from their warehouse in Italy that is. Ordered 15th evening and it got here today the 18th. Maybe they had it available locally.

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ It's sold now if it wasn't yet when you posted 18 minutes ago.

Yoox, if you're listening, give the Canucks a code! :censored:

Last edited:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ that sucks man. yoox making it too expensive for the canadians as it is

Medwed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys if it is so expensive why don't you use shipping forwarder from US to CAN?

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As far as I've seen, by the time you pay fees and forwarding shipping, you're saving little enough it's not worth the extra hassle if you have to return (yoox has sent me a completely wrong item twice). And it's hard to know right off the bat whether most of the places offering this service can be trusted with an expensive order.

That said, if there's some shining example or brand new option out there, please do share.

Last edited:

Medwed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It seems what you are saying ;the forwarding would eat most of the savings. Since forwarding usually extra $25-35 I must conclude you are on a very tight budget .:D

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
:facepalm:

If I buy something through yoox from Canada, I have to pay 28% duties and $25 shipping but I can return things easily and directly for free.

If I buy something using a forwarding service, I have to pay them fees somewhere along the line, I end up paying probably more than $25 in shipping, and I may still get hit with the standard 13% + $10 duties on delivery. Unless I'm supposed to have the goods marked at a lower value by the reshipper, which would then likely mean there is no chance of insurance coverage should something go wrong or disappear, and as I said there is no way to know right off the bat that some website and all its employees can be trusted implicitly with expensive packages and ambiguous liability. This is all after the inevitable fact of extra delays and greater chance of issues with an extra step wedged into the buying process.

A forwarding service looks like an "obvious" solution -- my point is just that in fact it is not. But again, if you have something useful to contribute you are welcome to share.

Has anyone tried Kinek.com or an affiliate? I might give cross-border pick-up a try if I'm visiting the U.S. anyway. It seems registration is free and you immediately get a shipping address at a staffed storage depot location with no obligation to do or pay anything.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics