• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Years Outfit

ShimonEzra

Reaction score
I just bought a blazer that I liked, but wasn't sure if it would go well with jeans. I am unsure if jeans would go good with it or if the blazer looks like it's missing its pants.
IMG_0279.jpg
This is the outfit I am planning on wearing to my friend's New Year's Eve party. My question is if the blazer looks fine as is...or should I return it and purchase a solid color (i.e. no pinstripes) blazer instead? Thanks. NOTE: the jeans are a little big darker than what appears in the image (as I had to use flash to get the pinstripes to show clearly. NOTE: if the blazer's pinstripes aren't clear enough, let me know. I will retake another picture tomorrow afternoon when it's light outside. Thanks again.

apwrxmd

Reaction score
The blazer isn't bad, I wouldn't recommend wearing that shirt though...

ShimonEzra

Reaction score
Is it because the stripes on the shirt are somewhat similar to the stripes on the blazer? Edit: What about this shirt with the blazer + jeans:
IMG_0282-1.jpg
NOTE: Referring back to my question in the OP, if the blazer looks like it's missing its pants counterpart, I will return it and purchase a solid blazer.

MiniW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
personally, I would return the item and get a solid navy or black jacket. while I really liked orphaned pinstriped blazers a few years ago, it was kind of a tacky trend and it has died already. a solid color would look a lot more classic if you don't plan on wearing a suit.

BTW this is a slightly off topic but why not wear dress pants instead of jeans for the party. It's new years and you are a member of a fashion forum. You can wear jeans the other 364 days of the year. If everyone else is wearing jeans, girls will come to you and ask why you are so dressed up and that'll be a conversation starter.

ShimonEzra

Reaction score
Alright, I will return the blazer and find a solid one. Yeah I was unsure of the whole pinstripe blazer without matching pants look. Thanks for your response/help.

BTW this is a slightly off topic but why not wear dress pants instead of jeans for the party. It's new years and you are a member of a fashion forum. You can wear jeans the other 364 days of the year. If everyone else is wearing jeans, girls will come to you and ask why you are so dressed up and that'll be a conversation starter.

While I would like to wear dressier pants for the New Years Eve party, I currently don't own any that match the blazer and money is really tight right now (I am an unemployed college student). Hopefully within a few months I will have money to buy nicer pants.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads