• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Years Eve -What Are You Doing???

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We got an email discount offer from one of our favorite downtown San Francisco hotels so we just booked a room for December 31st, New Years Eve. Normally we avoid The City on major holidays but we thought this might be a good year to do it.

What are you doing?

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
gonna be in London for NYE, so we're going to some kind of skinhead/mod related Northern Soul club that nite, depending on where our "mates" plan to go.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Don't want to go down in the tube station at midnight!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Lucky7

Reaction score
I avoid going out on New Year's Eve. The food is usually sub-par, and the service stinks. We usually just get some good steaks, lobster, and good champagne. I'm very comfortable in my home with some good friends and good food!

KhouriC

Reaction score
for sake of consolidating info, i started this thread a little while ago specific to NYE in NYC in Times Square.

i might go the restaurant route but its going to be pricey

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KhouriC
for sake of consolidating info, i started this thread a little while ago specific to NYE in NYC in Times Square.

i might go the restaurant route but its going to be pricey

At least you will be indoors.
frown.gif
Depending on where you end up, this may be an OK option. Be warned that many places have set 'seatings', fixed menus and jacked up prices. On the upside, you will most likely get a 'free' glass of sh!tty champagne!
snork[1].gif

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hasn't crossed my mind. Until now. No clue. Probably look for a house party in DC or maybe go out of town.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damned if I know. First New Years Eve as My Own Man (c) in more than a decade so it will be interesting. But I'll be visiting family so I am sure there will be something.

On the other hand, going out on NYE is often as bad (if not worse) than Valentine's Day in the abundance of overpriced, lacklustre gimmicky options at clubs restaurants and the like.

KhouriC

Reaction score
Originally Posted by romafan
At least you will be indoors.
frown.gif
Depending on where you end up, this may be an OK option. Be warned that many places have set 'seatings', fixed menus and jacked up prices. On the upside, you will most likely get a 'free' glass of sh!tty champagne!
snork[1].gif

it's a step up but NOT at all worth the greenbacks i am going to drop but it will make the girl i am with very happy. so it goes

KhouriC

Reaction score
echoing others, staying in or doing something local really seems to be the best way to do NYE. the craziness that comes on this night is a little scary at times.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The same thing I do every new years. Probably working.

maxnharry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lucky7
I avoid going out on New Year's Eve. The food is usually sub-par, and the service stinks. We usually just get some good steaks, lobster, and good champagne. I'm very comfortable in my home with some good friends and good food!

Something like this at home with family. Good food and champagne to ring in the new year.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
First time, in a long time, we don't have plans already made. Might do something locally.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads