• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Winter Coat/Jacket

stylar

Reaction score
I lost my winter jacket a few months ago, and still haven't been able to find a good replacement. What do you recommend (under $200 for sure, under $150 would be better)? I'm keen for anything that looks good but have recently taken a liking to light grey coats and pea coats.

blynch

Reaction score
for that price you should look at spiewak(sp?), tobi has a pretty good selection if I remember right. Otherwise you probably need to look out for the heavily discounted sales coming soon.

schott has a nice gray car coat, but it is $275 (find at epaulet's or schottnyc).

iclypso

Reaction score
If you're not above it, I'd recommend checking out Nordstrom Rack this time of year. I picked up a ~$300 MSRP Rainforest jacket for $80 this last week. I love it so far: great winter coat and pretty good looking to boot. It might be worth checking out for the opportunity to actually try on the jackets.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by stylar
I lost my winter jacket a few months ago, and still haven't been able to find a good replacement. What do you recommend (under $200 for sure, under $150 would be better)? I'm keen for anything that looks good but have recently taken a liking to light grey coats and pea coats.

How does one just lose a winter coat??

chroMe

Reaction score
I've had two winter coats stolen from cloak rooms in recent years. Painful.

seany

Reaction score
What the hell is cloak rooms ?

Ima just take a wild guess and say the brand Cloak.....their dressing rooms ?

0_o

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by seany
What the hell is cloak rooms ?

Ima just take a wild guess and say the brand Cloak.....their dressing rooms ?

0_o

he means the coat check at a club.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
he is a she guys

chroMe

Reaction score
Just a place where you put your jacket/bags when you enter a restaurant/club and it is manned usually.

yep, female but don't mind the pronouns.

stylar

Reaction score
He is not a she. I am a dude.

I left my jacket on the hood of my car at my nearby snow resort. Went to the bathroom. Came back and it was gone. I should have said had it stolen. Lost was easier.

Any other recommendations?

chroMe

Reaction score
^ jetboy was referring to I, myself..me as in a girl.

light grey peacoat: You're in luck that sales start quite soon so bargains galore.

stylar

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chroMe
^ jetboy was referring to I, myself..me as in a girl.

light grey peacoat: You're in luck that sales start quite soon so bargains galore.

Oh, all right.

Other than Nordstrom's Rack, where do you recommend shopping? Any good online stores/sales?

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chroMe
I've had two winter coats stolen from cloak rooms in recent years. Painful.
I refuse to leave any of my more expensive favorite coats in a public hanging place unless I personally know everyone whom has access. I've received enough "cool coat, wanna trade?" jokes from others that I am fairly certain several of my coats would be targeted by thieves. It's not so much the cost of losing a coat that bugs me-- it is more a problem of not being able to find a similar replacement to a unique coat that I love.

chroMe

Reaction score
yeah! next time I'm going to ask for i.d and c/c details.

i seemed to get followed by bands of small gypsies central london when I wear certain clothes.

stylar: start off at farfetch.com - but these may be a bit high end. Am thinking fred perry or ben sherman in that price range but not sure offhand which online us stockists will have them at that price

update: do you have a topshop where you live? lots of selection

Or an All Saints one (not my kinda label but reasonably priced): stockwell peacoat

as.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads