• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Watch Thoughts?

heynow

Reaction score
This would be my second decent watch, first being a tag auto aqua. Thinking of trading up to this titanium chrono Omega Seamaster. The price is $1900 at a local watch shop it is second hand in excellent cond. Am i getting a good deal on this? Are there any cons to the titanium material?

2298-80-00.jpg

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
dont like

longskate88

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The ti SMP is a solid watch, and the ti will make it lighter than comparable ss. I tried on this model once, and found it to be too thick/unbalanced for my liking. The polished bits on the bracelet will show wear more prominently than an ss bracelet as well.

Do you like ti? I find it to be too dull for my liking. In the $2K used price range, you can get a lot of watch from the Timezone sales corner, especially with the way the economy is. PM me if you have any Q's, I've collected watches in this range for a few years.

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's the MSRP on the watch? Any and all Omega AD's should give you AT LEAST 30% off of retail on a BNIB watch. Omegas do not hold their value as well as most other brands, no kncok on Omega I love them, but since you can get 30-40% off on a new one, unless that watch at $1900 is signifcantly less than retail i'd say pass.

Nice watch though.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I've got one of those in Ti.
The clasp really looks like crap now due to all the scratches.
It really is a tuna can on your wrist even in Ti.

$1900 seems like a hell of a lot to pay for a used one.

longskate88

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Spencer
What's the MSRP on the watch? Any and all Omega AD's should give you AT LEAST 30% off of retail on a BNIB watch. Omegas do not hold their value as well as most other brands, no kncok on Omega I love them, but since you can get 30-40% off on a new one, unless that watch at $1900 is signifcantly less than retail i'd say pass. Nice watch though.
Hate to say this, but BS. Everyone at TZ would talk about this, but try walking into Ben Bridge and saying "I'll take it for 30% off retail", ESPECIALLY on a new model. They'll give you 10% just for paying cash, maybe 20% if you drive a hard bargain. On something discontinued, that's been sitting in the display for a year, and you spend some time haggling...then sure, but you won't get 30% off as a rule. If you want that much off, use the internet or the Omega favorite AD. And BTW, no watch holds it value if you pay retail. In my experience, Rolex loses about 20% instantly, and Omega and Breitling can hit 50% really quickly. Some of the more obscure brands like Corum can lose even more as soon as you walk out of the door. Retail on the new black Bond SMP Chrono is either $3400 or $3600...I remember seeing the model you're talking about for as low as $1500 on the sales corner, but if it's in new condition and you like it, $1900 isn't bad.

sbbbjm

Reaction score
i HATE the bracelet . . . hate hate hate it . . . it looks like mid 90's fossil, very dated

longskate88

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

shaftoe

Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of the Ti, it's very light so the watch ends up feeling a bit cheap to me. Moreover it is a passivated finish so it's going to be dull. Thirdly I don't really fancy a diving watch with a chronograph, it's a bit fussy for my taste.

longskate88

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by heynow
the planet ocean would be my second choice.

Be careful, next starts the infamous "Which PO do I get, the 42mm or the 45.5mm?" thread that is seen everyday on TZ. I still don't know the right answer, I had the 45.5 twice and 42 once, plus many SMPs and Breitlings to fill in the gaps
shog[1].gif

longskate88

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics