1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

New Wallet Advise

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by JonathanCWalker, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Fred G. Unn

Fred G. Unn Senior member

2. TimelesStyle

TimelesStyle Senior member

When I was in the Hermes store in Chicago a month or so ago I saw a card case with silk lined pockets. I thought it was odd, as those would take an inordinate amount of abuse with the daily removal and replacement of cards, but perhaps it is more durable than I thought (since Hermes isn't known for making junk).

3. gravitas1

gravitas1 Active Member

Bottega x Hermes

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 18, 2013
  4. JonathanCWalker

JonathanCWalker Senior member

Very cool colour rare to see a Bottega thats not black or brown!

5. TimelesStyle

Except for those awful pastel colors they've done recently. There's like a light silvery blue and a salmon color which I thought were hideous. They also did green a couple of seasons ago and I almost bought one of their flat card cases in that color at Barney's on one of their sales. That was a nice looking piece.

6. gravitas1

gravitas1 Active Member

Hey guys, I was just joking, that isn't a Bottega x Hermes wallet. Made it myself haha

7. SHS

SHS Senior member

8. bob digital

bob digital Well-Known Member

Do you mind if I ask who makes the blue billfold? Looks slim, which is exactly what I'm trying to find as I consider moving away from a cardcase (loose bills haven't been ideal, but trying to avoid the thick Costanza wallet). Thanks!

9. TimelesStyle

While I knew it wasn't an actual collaboration, since the two are rivals (well, BV would probably consider H a rival, not sure about vice versa) but I'm a little disappointed the wallet itself does not exist. Though I'd never carry an orange wallet I think it looks good in BV's signature woven style.

10. SHS

SHS Senior member

It definitely looks good. It fooled me. Well done if you made it yourself gravitas1.

11. gravitas1

gravitas1 Active Member

Yup, I really made it [​IMG]

Here's another but in a blood red.

[​IMG]

12. TimelesStyle

Looks good. I like that yours aren't synthetic lined the way most wallets seem to be these days.

13. danny89

danny89 New Member

14. SelfMade

SelfMade Active Member

Have you checked Frank Clegg Leatherworks? Their bifold wallets are classic and very simple. They come in a variety of color choices as well.