1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

New VW Beetle

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Unregistered, Apr 18, 2011.

1. NormanF

NormanF Senior member

As for the 2012 New Beetle, VW has recreated the appeal of the car in its "High Fives" commercial. Its cool and funny!

2. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

I was at the VW dealer this past weekend. Seeing the beetle IRL i wasn't impressed at all. Would rather have a GTI.

3. hrb

hrb Senior member

seems like the love child of a porsche and audi tt that got the short end of the genetic stick on both sides.

4. NormanF

NormanF Senior member

The interior appears to be more balanced and the dashboard no longer makes one feel like they're driving from the back. Its still cute but its feels more like a real car. I didn't think VW's designers could give it a fresh look and still remain true to the spirit of the original car.

Incidentally, this is not the "New Beetle." Its called "The Beetle," period. I think that VW has gone back to its roots. The reviews have have been overwhelmingly positive and people will want to drive this car. There's the fun factor and if you ever driven a VW, you'll understand why its an understated car!

Last edited: Oct 14, 2011
  5. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

It looks like a squished Porsche Panamera

6. NormanF

NormanF Senior member

Interesting. A lot of people say The Beetle recalls Porsche's 911 and Audi's TT in its styling cues. Considering those brands are owned by the Volkswagen Group, design influences would come from elsewhere in the company.

It still turns heads and it recalls the original 1938 car, to which oddly enough Ferdinand Porsche contributed!

7. NormanF

NormanF Senior member

Darker color will butch it up for you.Uncle Ferdinand, such a jokester. Morphing the old new beetle into a hybrid of the Audi TT and the old pumpkinseed.I'll take one in black, a convertible, with the R32 engine.

Wait for the cabriolet next year. It will be a chick magnet!

8. steviecakes

steviecakes Senior member

2.0T with 4motion, please :D

9. NormanF

NormanF Senior member

You can upgrade the "chick" car into a worthy steed. But it is kinda expensive.