• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New User - General Questions

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Greetings.

I'm new to this board.

I'm just looking for some general advice about clothing in general.

What are some good quality RTW shirt makers? While still a student, I don't mind buying a new expensive shirt every month or so as long as I know the quality is good.

I like non-fused collars and cuffs, that's a hard one to find. I prefer no pocket, single or double button cuffs. I value quality cloth over patterns, and tend to dress conservatively.

I'm in Queensland, Australia and the sartorial choices are not so great. Herringbone is good, but rather overpriced from what I have seen. Dom Bagnato is good, however the range is not that large.

I don't and can't wear a tie to work. I usually wear a dress shirt, fitted slacks and RM Williams boots - the rubberised sole is important for where I work.

In the future, I saw myself buying two more pairs of RM Williams, Black and then Tan. My first pair, Chestnut, are regular sized, which means they are not what is reccomended here with the half a size up but slender fit rule. I tried them on and totally agree. I've got a few pairs of loafers, Allen Edmonds and Polo.

I was going to sell my ones on eBay, and get some new ones next year. Continuing to buy quality shirts, such as Herringbone and Dom Bagnato was also on the list, however I've rethought that.

What are some quality RTW shirts? I'm looking for simple, stressing quality cloth and craftsmanship over fashion patterns. Brioni? Attolini?

What should I look for in a quality Blazer? Besides canvassing and quality of the material?

Furthermore, for quality, simple accessories, who makes quality messenger bags / satchel / gym bags? Do Bally bags last? Should I save and spruik for something like Filson?

Who makes good quality simple silver accessories? I like Tiffany, but was wondering if anyone else had a reputable maker that ships. I'm looking at things like some silver collar stays and a single pair of plain silver cuff links.

Thanks for your help guys!

Take care!

82-Greg

Reaction score
Can't help you with brands, but there are participants from Oz who could.

It might help if you edited the title of your OP with a more specific issues (e.g. Seeking Help in Oz w/RTW Shirts).

Golf_Nerd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The search is your friend. It is all written here.

razdryno

Reaction score
Yo Razele,
I'm a new to the game in general.
Collect kicks, mainly runners. New Balance, nike, adidas and asics. In that order.
Thought I would throw you a post seeings I cant PM.
Hope you sell your jacket mate.

Peace,
Razd

runner-guy

Reaction score
Yeah we get it Razele. You don't like people asking stupid questions.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by runner-guy

lol8[1].gif
Given this thread was started three days after he joined 1.5 years ago, I'm pretty sure Razele didn't start it to prove a point about stupid questions.

I can't figure out if I find it funnier that you didn't catch the fact that this is a thread necro or that you inadvertently called Razele stupid because you thought his honest question was a troll thread mocking the very questions he was asking earnestly when he joined.

furo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Originally Posted by MrG
lol8[1].gif
Given this thread was started three days after he joined 1.5 years ago, I'm pretty sure Razele didn't start it to prove a point about stupid questions.

I can't figure out if I find it funnier that you didn't catch the fact that this is a thread necro or that you inadvertently called Razele stupid because you thought his honest question was a troll thread mocking the very questions he was asking earnestly when he joined.

My bad.

i lulled

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads