1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

*New Unworn* Crockett & Jones - Seymour Double Monk Handgrade 10 UK

Discussion in '2011-2017 Classic Menswear' started by PSNY, Mar 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PSNY

PSNY Senior member

These were ordered in 2013 from the NYC boutique. They're not usually stocked and had to be ordered, a process which took around 4 months. I am selling due to fit. They have been never worn or polished. Size is 10E.

SOLD

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
  2. PSNY

PSNY Senior member

Price lowered to $720

3. PSNY

PSNY Senior member

Price lowered to $685 USD

4. PSNY

PSNY Senior member

Price lowered to $575. These shoes are almost never stocked and currently retail for over $800 USD. This is a great opportunity. The shoes are brand new and have never been worn.

5. PSNY

PSNY Senior member

Price lowered to $450.00

6. PSNY

PSNY Senior member

Price lowered to $425, I can't believe nobody is biting. CJ handgrade have superior finishing compared to Carmina, Carlos Santos, Alden, and many others, and at this price they're a better deal then most other makers including Enzo, EG, G&G that compare in finishing.

Let's do the deal! [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
  7. mrrich

mrrich Active Member

Are these 10E UK or US?

Thanks!

8. PSNY

PSNY Senior member

10 UK

9. laufer

laufer Senior member

I actually can believe that nobody is biting or people are sending ridiculous lowball offers. It is a buyers market now.

10. PSNY

PSNY Senior member

Why is that? I haven't seen all that many great deals. If you want a decent pair of shoes you still have to pony up the full price followed by usually waiting. There are a few offers here and there for RTW at a discount, but its rare, even more so in common sizes from what I've seen.

11. sunicole

sunicole Senior member

My brand new in box CJ Belgrave ( Handgrade as well) in size UK 9 ( popular size as well) sold for $3xx

12. laufer

laufer Senior member

I think it's combination of reasons. SF traffic has decreased probably or SF is not acquiring more new users. In addition, I think Skoakotiebolaget does wonderful job offering so many different models of shoes that people see no need to buy stuff from B&S forum anymore.

13. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

It's not because of Skoak (although they're great). It's an issue that goes beyond shoes.

The main issue IMO is that individual sellers are flooding the listings page with a listing for each of their items (no matter how small the item), instead of combining them in one listing. It makes browsing B&S a hassle and awesome stuff like these shoes get lost in the mess.

For example, if one seller is selling 12 Hugo Boss ties, he/she will create 12 separate listings.

@LA Guy can this be fixed? It's especially unfair to sellers who pay premium rates to get their listings bolded. I've had items drop off the first page half an hour after paying the premium rate because sellers are dividing their listings.

@PSNY sorry to hijack your thread, but these are aswesome shoes and should have been sold by now. If they were my size, I would kop.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
  14. PSNY

PSNY Senior member

Very good points, no worries on the hijacking. At least its some action! :)

15. mrrich

mrrich Active Member

I want to put my 2 Cents in as a junior SF member.

I peruse the listings everyday, I have even purchased 2 pairs of C&J shoes via the listings (excellent transactions).

These are even in my size!

Why have I not pulled the trigger? Not price, color.

As a clothing and shoe collector (as we all are) I have more brown/brownish shoes of varied styles than I care to admit.

If these had been black or blue or green or any color but plain brown I would have been all over them in a heart beat. But they aren't and therefore I passed.

Not sure if this explains everyone else, but thats why I didn't bite, and trust me I am still tempted, they are gorgeous!

16. laufer

laufer Senior member

I do not think that is an issue at all because it's possible to filter results by category or recency, for example shoe only newly listed shoes. All it takes is a few clicks. The fact is that supply outstrips the demand, selling shoes on ebay or grailed has become difficult too.

MrRich explains it nicely there is just too much supply. A few years ago shoes like this would not be collecting dust for long.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.