1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

New TV Show Heroes

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Man In Space, Sep 27, 2006.

1. Zenny

Zenny Senior member

There's still 2 more episodes. But all that build-up to the eclipse was a major let down.

+1

I also hate Sylar's Good-Evil Duality, it's getting very tiring.

2. GoSurface

GoSurface Senior member

So, did he actually kill Elle? Her whimpers of pain should have been screams. That episode was also totally underwhelming.

3. Zenny

Zenny Senior member

So, did he actually kill Elle? Her whimpers of pain should have been screams. That episode was also totally underwhelming.

HE UNDERSTANDS!1!!!!1!1 [​IMG]

I don't see where this plotline is going.

4. embowafa

embowafa Senior member

I just thought of a new drinking game.......

Take a shot every time Sylar changes 'sides'. You'll be drunk by minute 35.

5. Gradstudent78

Gradstudent78 Senior member

There's still 2 more episodes. But all that build-up to the eclipse was a major let down.

SPOILER IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE NEW EPISODE

I was kind of hoping the eclipse would result in Peter getting his powers back, really it just seemed like filler.

6. montecristo#4

montecristo#4 Senior member

More spoilers.

Things that are mildly annoying about this last episode:

- The whole Seth Green thing.
    - The fact that Hiro is more effectual with the brain of a ten year old than he is as an adult.
    - The pathetic resistance of Elle when she is (presumably) killed by Sylar. I mean, at least try to electrocute him or something.
    - The fact that fifteen minutes after Syler dies to save Elle, he decides to kill her.
    - The complete illogic of Nathan Petrelli's conclusion that the world would be a better place if everyone had powers.

I do like the fact that they seem to be cleverly exposing Peter to the Haitian only when he doesn't have his powers. If Peter had the Haitian's powers, then he could basically just do as he pleased, no?

7. Gradstudent78

More spoilers.

- The complete illogic of Nathan Petrelli's conclusion that the world would be a better place if everyone had powers.

I do like the fact that they seem to be cleverly exposing Peter to the Haitian only when he doesn't have his powers. If Peter had the Haitian's powers, then he could basically just do as he pleased, no?

Nathan seems all over the place and pretty much just a tool for whoever happens to be pulling his strings (pretty much like everyone else). First he's going to reveal themselves to the world, then thats a bad idea and he's a religious fundamentalist, now he thinks everyone should have powers.

Also, Peter has already been exposed to the Haitian when he had his powers, he's the one that put him in the shipping container in season 2 and took his memories.

8. Mauby

Mauby Senior member

Do the writers on this show know that the writer's strike has been over since February?

9. Gradstudent78

Do the writers on this show know that the writer's strike has been over since February?

The writers on the show don't know what's going to happen from episode to episode. Stephen Tobolowsky who played Bob said they use to film each scene a a number of times in drastically different ways, with him interacting with characters in completely opposite ways for each take, so he would have no idea what they were doing with his character. If you can't reliably plan out character arcs for an ensemble show how do you expect it to be any good.

10. Bradford

Bradford Senior member

We just watched Monday's show off of the DVR. What a letdown - I think they should have just taken their powers permanently and ended the show.

And how long was that eclipse, like 20-hrs or something?

11. orthofrancis

orthofrancis Senior member

I think I liked it better during the first season, when no one knew who Sylar was, and you didn't know what he loked like.
    I do like that there are many factions, all somewhat rivals, and not just good vs bad.

12. Hard2Fit

Hard2Fit Senior member

Anyone catch last night's episode?
    I haven't seen the last two and likely won't bother until someone tells me the show has improved.

13. Mauby

Mauby Senior member

Anyone catch last night's episode?
    I haven't seen the last two and likely won't bother until someone tells me the show has improved.

I saw it...and the show has definitely not improved.

Spoilers...

Anyone else happy that they killed off the annoying, unattractive "girlfriend" of Sylar? I'm sure she'll pop up in scenes from the past, but at least with her being mutilated and torched, she won't have any present day or future scenes. Of course, i doubt this show can limp through the rest of the season without getting canceled. Yay...Sylar is a homicidal sociopath again.

14. NaTionS

NaTionS Senior member

At least stuff happened in the last episode instead of the usual nothing but build-up in the couple ones before that.

Was it ever explained why the Haitian doesn't affect Sylar?

15. Mauby

Mauby Senior member

At least stuff happened in the last episode instead of the usual nothing but build-up in the couple ones before that.

Was it ever explained why the Haitian doesn't affect Sylar?

No, although the scene from yesterday was more of The Hatian being exhausted from surpressing Petrelli Sr.'s powers that he had nothing left for when Sylar walked in. I never knew it took him any effort to do that, I thought it was just something that his body just gave off, like radiowaves or something.

16. grundletaint

grundletaint Senior member

how the hell did old man petrelli take hiro's memories if that's the hatian's power? and how did he time travel to steal the catalyst if he didn't take hiro's power?

meh.

17. Mauby

Mauby Senior member

how the hell did old man petrelli take hiro's memories if that's the hatian's power? and how did he time travel to steal the catalyst if he didn't take hiro's power?

meh.

Memory stealing, I don't know. Time traveling, he stole Peter's powers & Peter could time travel.

18. NaTionS

NaTionS Senior member

meh.

I think what he did to Hiro was just suppress all the memories he had after being 10 years old. It would make sense since that's what he did to Angela in the flashback episode and Linderman "healed" her brain just like Hiro's mom.

19. montecristo#4

montecristo#4 Senior member

Just watched the season finale. (Spoiler alert.)

Pretty disappointing. Can anyone explain to me how running really fast can enable you to move forward in time? Backward, maybe.... But forward I just don't get.

And it looks like Sylar is set up for a miraculous recovery and escape, a la Season One, when everything started to go bad in the first place.

20. Gradstudent78

Just watched the season finale. (Spoiler alert.)

Pretty disappointing. Can anyone explain to me how running really fast can enable you to move forward in time? Backward, maybe.... But forward I just don't get.

And it looks like Sylar is set up for a miraculous recovery and escape, a la Season One, when everything started to go bad in the first place.

The best thing I can say is that at least it is set up for a reboot. Hopefully the returning writers will help fix the show.