• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New TV Show Heroes

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I predict this will be the show's last season. It shows a certain lack of creativity when the arch villian(s) and heroes can't stay dead. Bringing back Sylar and both Patrelli brothers was a default jumping of the shark IMO.

That said, S3 first few episodes were good. +2, speedster chic = annoying.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
I predict this will be the show's last season. It shows a certain lack of creativity when the arch villian(s) and heroes can't stay dead. Bringing back Sylar and both Patrelli brothers was a default jumping of the shark IMO.

That said, S3 first few episodes were good. +2, speedster chic = annoying.

I dunno, I see it as part of the superhero logic I just posted about; dramatic deaths and mysterious survivals. With that being said I wish they'd get rid of Sylar; he was perfect for season 1 as the mysterious unknown and circumstantial harbringer of NYC's destruction but now that we know a little bit more he's just some regular bad guy with no interesting purpose. They could have easily found better villains by opening level 5 or continued with the wicked doings of the elder generation.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
I dunno, I see it as part of the superhero logic I just posted about; dramatic deaths and mysterious survivals. With that being said I wish they'd get rid of Sylar; he was perfect for season 1 as the mysterious unknown and circumstantial harbringer of NYC's destruction but now that we know a little bit more he's just some regular bad guy with no interesting purpose. They could have easily found better villains by opening level 5 or continued with the wicked doings of the elder generation.

Exactly my point about lacking a certain creative edge. Level 5 and the past gives them an unlimited, story line plausible, well to create new bad guys from. The fact they had to bring Sylar back, does not speak well for the series' longevity IMO.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Exactly my point about lacking a certain creative edge. Level 5 and the past gives them an unlimited, story line plausible, well to create new bad guys from. The fact they had to bring Sylar back, does not speak well for the series' longevity IMO.

They're playing to audience favorites and did, at least, feature him in a slightly new light. I doubt he'll be the series main bad guy or at the center of the most dramatic events. I hope Suresh comes back to the personality he had in season 1 though, he's important as the driven but level-headed cast member the audience can relate to. Oh and more prisoners than the ones we've seen escaped according to Noah so it sounds pretty good.

BTW CE comment: Is Nathan Petrelli a repub or dem?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
They're playing to audience favorites and did, at least, feature him in a slightly new light. I doubt he'll be the series main bad guy or at the center of the most dramatic events. I hope Suresh comes back to the personality he had in season 1 though, he's important as the driven but level-headed cast member the audience can relate to.

BTW CE comment: Is Nathan Petrelli a repub or dem?

Agreed about Suresh. I think Petrelli is a Dem (NYC after all).

I am getting tired of the past/future Peter's and their light/dark personality splits.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Agreed about Suresh. I think Petrelli is a Dem (NYC after all).

I am getting tired of the past/future Peter's and their light/dark personality splits.

Well his affairs are with women so I'd also say he's a dem but now that he's found god I'm not so sure.

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1st season rocked. now it's just a jumbled mess of plot holes, stupid quips, too much going on, and lame new characters. looks good in HD though.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Well his affairs are with women so I'd also say he's a dem but now that he's found god I'm not so sure.

Oh no, god is hip with the Dems this cycle. You just tell everyone that you do not think enough of your belief system to actually live it.
devil.gif

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Oh no, god is hip with the Dems this cycle. You just tell everyone that you do not think enough of your belief system to actually live it.
devil.gif

I'd rather they don't live it....

So what's the formula? What Suresh already discovered or something else that sounds good on paper but has unintended consequences the fools who will end up with the paper are not aware of (thus bringing about the future Peter thought he avoided).

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Waaay better than season two. Sylar bores me now though.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I actually liked Sylar as a "good guy"...

I think him and Noah make a good "buddy cop" team.
Plus, Sylar has to "eat" ya know.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One thing that always annoyed me about comic book deaths is that they are almost never permanent. That said, I wouldn't mind if they brought back Kaito Nakamura, or visited him in the past. It's always a treat to see George Takei on screen. Can he fluently speak Japanese in real life?

redgrail

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grundletaint
looks good in HD though.
Honestly, half the reason I even watch this show. Looks amazing. Also, it lets me geek out without really being a geek.

Mauby

Reaction score
I tried to get in to this show. The first handful of episodes were entertaining. Then it seemed to me to get formulaic/redundant. Now it seems to be a weekly hour-long buildup where nothing happens, and is continued to another hour-long buildup where nothing happens the following week. I don't watch it week to week anymore. If I'm around and it's on, I'll give it a look. I was still pretty disappointed with the season 1 finale. A whole season building up to face Sylar, and they fought him for 20 seconds before Peter blew up. Bringing Sylar back for season 2 made the entire season 1 a waste.

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I actually like this show a lot. I hope they will start using the Haitian more now that he came back in the last episode. He's one of the more interesting characters imo. Am I the only one who doesn't like Suresh?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics