Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

New TV Show Heroes

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Man In Space, Sep 27, 2006.

1. Nantucket Red

Nantucket Red "Mr. Fashionista"

For some reason, my eyes always transpose the title of this thread to "New TV Show Herpes." Disconcerting.

2. cookieoflife

cookieoflife Senior member

The finale was severely disappointing in general. They had so much to work with then... it dropped. I think this season peaked somewhere in the middle. Lets hope season two doesn't keep sucking.

On the bright side, Sylar's coat is bad ass.

3. Brian278

Brian278 Senior member

It's baaaaack........[​IMG] Edit: Season premiere was disappointing.

4. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

Yea it was a bit underwhelming

didnt get how Nathan was still alive, since the last scene of season 1 was him flying Peter in the air and seemingly blowing themselves up, which Peter could survive but not Nathan

Didnt care for the mexicans substory

Seems like this season is going to have too many superpowered people running amok [​IMG]

5. montecristo#4

montecristo#4 Senior member

Overall pretty disappointing.

Was that Peter at the end in the container? I was watching on a crappy small screen.... If so, the "I lost my memory" thing is a bit played out.

Not a great start IMHO.

6. Brian278

Brian278 Senior member

Not many of the storylines are particularly interesting. The whole Claire/cute guy in high school story is like every coming of age teen romantic comedy, the Mexican thing was underexplained, Hiro in ancient Japan with the white guy is underwhelming, etc. Maybe we just got spoiled by the epic showdowns that wrapped up last season and they're going to start things off slowly again. I believe Siler was in the season previews so at least we have that to look forward to.

Did anyone else think the best scene was the Bennett's family dinner? Had a nice suburban desperation feel to it.

7. GoSurface

GoSurface Senior member

What were the Mexicans abilities? Beware, they have the power to cross borders.

8. Manny Calavera

Manny Calavera Senior member

That was terrible. Right after the cheerleading squad made the cat power flying-V, a tinge of regret overcame me as I could have been watching Monday Night Football or The War. The show was never really intellectually stimulating but that episode was insulting. The sad thing is I know I'll watch the second episode.[​IMG]

9. retronotmetro

retronotmetro Senior member

I don't believe they are Mexican, given that the story starts with them in Honduras trying to get to NY.

There's a chapter on them in the graphic novel on nbc.com, not that it sheds much light on the back story.

10. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

RE: Central/South Americans

What it looked like to me was that proximity to the girl when X happens (she screams, she freaks out, someone sees her naked, etc) Causes you to die by making your brain explode chocolate syrup. Sweet, sticky death.

RE: Random Thoughts

Dissapointed? Yes, though I'm probably the only one who likes the fact that Nathan Petrelli is alive. and that he's gotten all Ernest Hemingway w/ his beard. The implications of Peter Petrelli with amnesia are almost ludicrous. He could explode again at any moment. And being able to reflexively use his powers without remembering WHAT THEY ARE is going to cause him a lot of trouble.

WTF? The high school kid can fly? If that's really his power, it would be the first time we've seen a duplicate power outside of Sylar or Peter Petrelli.

Mr. Bennett busting his Boss's fingers at the copy center. Bad ass. The fact that he WORKS at a copy center now rules. I want a spinoff show about people working in a copy center.

I want to see George Takei kick someone's ass.

I want to see Hiro kick someone's ass.

I want Ando to admit that he can't speak Japanese very well because he's secretly a Korean spy.

I want to watch an episode without 10,000 obvious product placements. I love Nissan, but for Christ's sake - Claire Bennett gets a Nissan Rogue for her birthday? WTF? Are the damn things even out yet???? And "presented with minimal commercial interruptions by Nissan" is great, but when ALL SIX commercials shown are the same set of NISSAN ROGUE commercials with the same music and theme, and you play them back to back to back - I MUTE THE TELEVISION AND GO GET A SNACK. God damn that pissed me off.

What happened to Parkman's wife? Wasn't she pregnant or something? Did he just leave her ass hangin out in CA so he could go help psycho-kid in NYC?

11. Brian278

Brian278 Senior member

What happened to Parkman's wife? Wasn't she pregnant or something? Did he just leave her ass hangin out in CA so he could go help psycho-kid in NYC?

I believe they mentioned his impending divorce.

12. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

anyone else thinks this show went from 100mph and suddenly hit a brick wall starting with Season 2/episode 1....and it's just getting worse?

13. Manny Calavera

Manny Calavera Senior member

anyone else thinks this show went from 100mph and suddenly hit a brick wall starting with Season 2/episode 1....and it's just getting worse?

Yeah, I think it may have jumped the shark and that seems to be the general consensus. The second episode was better than the first but the third was appalling. Unfortunately, my curiosity will get the best of me and I'll keep watching.[​IMG]

14. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

me too. I'll keep watching, and bitching and moaning afterwards

15. montecristo#4

montecristo#4 Senior member

It's almost so bad that you think it is a deliberate setup for something incredibly cool.

Nah.