1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

New Toronto Brooks Brothers store opening soon

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Recoil, Feb 5, 2012.

1. iroh

iroh Senior member

for the record i have always recieved good service at BB, harry rosen maybe 50% of the time, this is coming from a young guy who they probably think won't buy anything.

2. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

Mike assisted me the day before boxing day. He was pretty good but on Boxing Day Ivan assisted me and he was FANTASTIC. Gotta love his "talk to me" when you try something on and are about to give him feedback.

I agree BB has better service than the snobs at Harry Rosen and Holts.

I'm not too thrilled personally by the new location. The RB Plaza location isn't that far. Yet there is nothing at Sherway/Yorkdale?

I live in Mississauga so don't always want to go downtown for BB plus have to pay for parking.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2012
  3. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

I stopped by BB today and they're having their final clearance. They had Thom Browne BB suits for 60% off in staple colours (a solid gray was $1850 regular price, with 60% off). The solid navy was 50% off. They had most sizes available.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2012
  4. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

How about other suits? How much was a milano suit?

5. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

I didn't check the Milano suits, but they had a ton of clearance stock. I was looking for Golden Fleece (very little left in 38R) and checked out TB BB.

6. hrb

hrb Senior member

The sales are great, but full retail for their product - in Canada - is dramatically overpriced. Great store ambience though. The Vancouver sales associates are a mix, more clingy than pushy. better than Harry's. Holts (again in Van) is either fantastic, or atrocious. There seems to be a certain type of sales associate there that thinks they're the baller customer, not the sales associate. Only in Holts, and they are usually quite young or quite old. anyone else experience this? Got off topic there, sorry.

7. iroh

iroh Senior member

how often does BB have 50% off sales, i want to buy a bag from them but there is no way i am paying close to $900 for a canvas bag, 50% off seems better but last time it was on boxing day (take 40% off and an additional 20% off that, so 52% off). will there be another sale like that soon and when?

8. NHSkier

NHSkier Active Member

+1

9. literasyme

literasyme Senior member

It's not just next to U of T, it's in a U of T building -- home of the English & Philosophy departments and the Humanities Institute. BB is taking over the old BMO branch, about half the ground floor (there's also a lecture hall & a couple of smaller shops and cafes on the same floor).

10. bellyhungry

bellyhungry Senior member

Does anyone know if the store at Bayview Village open for business yet?

11. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

Will the Royal Bank location have the friends and family sale starting May 9th?

12. Kappelan

Kappelan Senior member

It will start from May 15th

13. Mazzasan

Mazzasan Well-Known Member

Have not been to the Royal Bank Plaza BB, its a little out of my way. Wondering what kind of selection they have re: shoes?

thanks!

Last edited: May 11, 2012
  14. Recoil

Recoil Senior member

This store is open now. It's a pretty neat store but only two change rooms. It's exactly what I figured, mostly the trendy slim fitting stuff, lots of bow ties, vests, shorts, etc. I guess they think they can turn U of T students into stereotypical east cost prep school kids. One can only hope, but I doubt it.

15. MRMan

MRMan Senior member

Just curious, you're talking about the Bloor St. location not Bayview Village right? If so I'm gonna make a special trip this weekend to check it out.

I was recently in the Bayview Village location which is only a tiny fraction of the size of the Bay St one. Wasn't impressed with the prices or selection, so I ended up ordering from their website during last week's corporate sale. Even with shipping, HST, brokerage fee, and duties I think I will be out ahead.

Last edited: May 25, 2012
  16. Recoil

Recoil Senior member

Yes, I mean the St. George store. It's very small, too. And I imagine the prices are no better.

17. MRMan

MRMan Senior member

Good to know. Thanks!

18. Kappelan

Kappelan Senior member

My wife was buying present for me in Bayview Village store and she complains about the service, nobody helped her.

19. Wrenkin

Wrenkin Senior member

They have everything. Or at least dozens of different models on display. And very helpful. I debated getting a pair of shoes during the recent sale—they didn't have my size in stock and I had to rush to make an appointment, but I eventually ordered a pair of Strands at 11:55pm off the web. I suppose if they don't fit I'll try and exchange in person, as I've heard you're allowed to do that. The Canadian markups were a little more than I'd have guessed for a made in America item per NAFTA ($350 up to $400). The made in England Peals were $600 up to a little under $700, so I imagine the 18% duty was less on account of them having first landed / been assessed in the US. You probably end up ahead if you order online, assuming $25 shipping, but with the CBSA one never knows.

As for Bayview, I had been there earlier that day, to check it out and re the shoes. They were clearly still getting their act together. After about 10 minutes I caught someone's eye and asked to see some brogues. After explaining the term, I pointed to the Strands, E width. I got the shoes, they didn't fit, and when I was putting them back in the box realized they were the Fifth Avenue in a D. The guy had disappeared by that point. Hence swinging by downtown. If you're not working in the PATH it may not be as convenient, especially the weekend opening hours, but it's the flagship.

20. MRMan

MRMan Senior member

Late last week they were quite helpful at Bayview Village and let me exchange some chinos I had bought online during the corporate sale. No hassles with any sort of price difference and very helpful manager.