1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

New Tom Ford Suit Opinions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by rrlgambler, Jun 3, 2013.

1. rrlgambler

rrlgambler Senior member

I just picked up a few Tom Ford suits during their Private Sale and I wanted to you know your opinion on this particular suit, mainly on the pattern. I thought it was more of a navy chalk stripe from the pics when I ordered it, but it turned out to be more or less looking like a navy tonal stripe. I realize it looks entirely way too small on me at the moment, but I'm in the process of dieting so by the end it will fit. Your thoughts.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 3, 2013
  2. stevent

stevent Senior member

Cut isn't right for your body

3. rrlgambler

rrlgambler Senior member

This is a base A, if you are familiar with TF which base would you recommend?

4. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

Buddy, you need to size up (1 or 2 sizes from the looks of it).

It's not an issue of fat; it's simply too small.

Base A is the most generous cut; I recommend going up one size at least. But the way your arms stick out, it could be 2 sizes.

5. gambit50

gambit50 Senior member

My thoughts are, YIKES!

6. rrlgambler

rrlgambler Senior member

After im done dieting I'll basically be down 2 sizes. So fellas fit aside how does pattern look. Do you like this stripe pattern on this navy peak?

7. Geruvah

Geruvah Senior member

I really wouldn't rely on the "I'll fit in it eventually" approach.

1 person likes this.
  8. kulata

kulata Senior member

I just don't think this cut works for your body regardless of the size

9. GBR

GBR Senior member

+1.

it will probably never fit properly, it is just not right on you. Brand shopping is not agood idea.

10. manchambo

manchambo Senior member

It just doesn't fit, for example in the biceps and shoulders, and I doubt you're going to diet your shoulders into being much narrower.

11. Fred49

Fred49 Senior member

tell him what he wants to hear gents....It looks great...(its too small) the pattern is perfect.

12. mans72

mans72 Well-Known Member

I don't think that is accurate. I lost 45 pounds in the past 5 months and went from a 46 to a 40, the difference in shoulders being pretty important between these 2...
    This means *something* must have happened between between my 2 shoulders ;)

13. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

Can you change it for a bigger size? I'm surprised they let you walk out of the TF boutique with that size. Not trying to be cruel here...

14. stevent

stevent Senior member

Ehh the two SAs tried to get me into a 52 even though it was too clearly too big. They said it was easy to rework shoulders too kinda sad actually I walked out not buying anything

15. manchambo

manchambo Senior member

I guess it depends on how you carry the weight. I've lost thirty in the past few months and there's not a significant difference in coat sizes for me (I used to tend more to 48l, and now more 46ls fit, though in slimmer suits, like Isaia, it's still 48l). In any case it looks to me like the frame of his skeleton is simply too wide for that suit, and I doubt his biceps are very fat right now (though they are big).

16. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

Stevent:
    That's a shame, a disservice to customer and brand...

17. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

Funny story:

I was in TF Manhattan a few months back, and a tourist brought in a TF suit for alteration he purchased from Hong Kong. He asked that the armholes be slimmed down.

The manager spoke to him and said that TF used to offer sleeve alterations, but not anymore. The reason being that TF Manhattan once altered the armholes for a customer that was one of Tom Ford's friends. Tom Ford saw his friend at an event and was shocked at the imbalance caused by the alteration. He was also upset that his store altered the armhole (according to the manager). Henceforth, armhole slimming was banned!

The customer kept asking, but the manager kept saying no; Mr. Ford forbids it.

18. EriQ009

EriQ009 Senior member

The pattern is fine. But the pattern is not the issue. I second the very serious doubts voiced by others in this thread. Strongly consider sizing up, or at least reevaluate after losing the weight.

19. VinnyMac

VinnyMac Senior member

The pattern looks fine, but you look like a sausage in that jacket. I'm not even sure if you can lower your arms. I hope that you're planning to lose a lot of weight. Even then, it's probably going to be a miss.

20. Viral

Viral Senior member

you might need a short...........look at those sleeves!