New to the world of AE; advise needed please

Discussion in 'Menswear Advice' started by tomcatbubba, Jul 31, 2016.

1. tomcatbubba

tomcatbubba New Member

Good morning; I'm new to the forum so please forgive me if this is posted in the wrong place.

I recently purchased a pair of AE Strand on the 5 last. I started with 9.5D measured in the store; they were just too snug. The fitter told me I could go either 9.5E or 10D. I went 10D and have been wearing them on carpet to see how they will do. Honestly they fit like a glove, best dress shoes I have owned. My only fear is that I have owned other dress shoes that start really tight and loosen up considerably. Seeing as I only have about 1/2 and inch on the top laces to snug it up as they stretch; I'm concerned I might run out of laces to tighten up. There is no heel slippage right now and I cannot fit a ball point pen between my heel and the heel cup. But, over time will my heel start to slip if they fit perfect right now? I'm trying to figure out what to do before I actually commit to wearing them outside and scuffing the bottoms. Thank you in advance.

2. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl The Moral Squirrel Dubiously Honored Moderator

You'll get a ton of feedback here http://www.styleforum.net/t/518090/...s-pictures-sizing-accessories-clothing-etc/30