• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New to premium jeans, very tall and thin - recommendation?

CarllraC

Reaction score
I have decided it's time that I buy a pair of premium jeans.

I am very tall and thin. 6'5" 170. I HATE it when my jeans (usually levis bootcut) get baggy and distended after repeated wearings, and they just don't look right on my figure. They don't look 'cool'. I can post pics if I would help.

I have no sense of style. I want to look good, but I don't want jeans that are rock star tight.

Can you recommend a pair of jeans for me or a brand/style to look into? There is a premium denim store in my city which I will probably try them on at and buy at.

Luc-Emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PC new standard or LVC 1947 (beware the shrinkage).

!luc

v0rtex

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CarllraC
Can you recommend a pair of jeans for me or a brand/style to look into?

6'6" and about 180, so I feel your pain
wink.gif

Dior Homme has a 38" inseam, and look fantastic on someone with our stature. However, they are pretty "rock star" so might not be what you're looking for.

CarllraC

Reaction score
I'll look into those, thanks. Now I have heard that you want to buy jeans down a few sizes, because they'll stretch as you wear them. For example, when I buy a waist 34 jean, it fits fine in the waist, but after a wearing it gets all stretched out and baggy in the waist.

Does the same apply for premiums, if I wear a 34 would I need to get a 32 or so?

Also, doing some research, I found that the APC new standards are tapered a bit at the bottom. Won't that look like an old man jean on someone as skinny as self?

Vortex, do you have a picture of yourself in the Dior Homme?
smile.gif
I don't mind if they look flashy, but I'd rather not have them tight.

seen

Reaction score
I'd be glad to take some height off you and give back some weight in exchange. If technology allows.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
you could check out the Levis Capital E 'skinny stacked'.

Mine are 32 inseam, but measure 38" so if you have a thin waist and reeeeally long legs, these would be a good fit. They are slim and very straight, but not skintight so no worries about wearing denim leotards

v0rtex

Reaction score
Vortex, do you have a picture of yourself in the Dior Homme?
smile.gif
I don't mind if they look flashy, but I'd rather not have them tight.

Here you go, best one I could find showing the fit of the jeans...

dior-fit.jpg

The ones in the picture are wax-treated, and have the "runway" hems (19cm). The retail ones from more recent seasons can be a bit more subdued, with 21cm hems and subtler treatments. Tailoring is excellent, they're fitted rather than tight.

They're very low cut, typically 2" larger than the tagged waist size as they're made to be worn like that.

You can pick up the raw indigo ones for about £120. I know Browns in London had some in stock at about that price, you could try giving them a ring.

masterpp

Reaction score
those diors look awesome- what size are they, and how much do you weigh, height (sorry i know its a bit personal
smile.gif

tweedlesinpink

Reaction score
Also, doing some research, I found that the APC new standards are tapered a bit at the bottom. Won't that look like an old man jean on someone as skinny as self?

slightly tapered is right, but no they won't look like old man jeans. they're not skintight unless you size 3 or more sizes down, and instead fit slim so that the tapering is in effect less pronounced. almost look like a straight jean.

xcoldricex

Reaction score
wow those don't even look like diors to me (the fit). everyone wears them really tight- maybe i've just seen the 17cm (?) variety. I couldn't fit my thigh halfway into a pair of diors hahaha.

Handlethevibe

Reaction score
Dior jeans are meant to be worn low slung and slim. Kinda like this.
00039.L.JPG

00068.L.JPG

Man, once I get a job I'm totally going to buy at least one pair of dior jeans. lol.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads