• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New to forum - question about Diesels

RedStal95

Reaction score
Hi I am brand new to the forum and have just recently started to become much more interested in the clothes I wear. I have been looking around for a while before I registered and there is a lot of useful info on here. You will be seeing me around.

The reason for the post is that I just purchased some Diesel jeans off ebay and although I know nothing about these jeans, I am questioning the validity of them. First off, I bid on a pair of Diesel Zathan jeans, and I got Zaf. If I am correct these are two completely different styles. Second, they feel different than I remember when checking them out in an actual store.

Any help or opinions will be greatly appreciated!

Andy

Here's the ebay item link - http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN%3AIT&rd=1

32867.jpg

32868.jpg

32869.jpg

32870.jpg

ps - if any more pictures would help please let me know

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

I moved your question to Streetwear and Denim where it will find a more appropriate audience.

Flame

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not too sure about the authenticity, but judging from its tag, those are a 2003/2004 model.

Honestforums.com may help you out more.

turbozed

Reaction score
Zaf and Zathan are both a bootcut. I'd say Zaf is more like a flare jean while the Zathan's are a slim bootcut. When I tried both on a week ago, they were roughly the same price. The overexcited worker was singing the praises of the "two-tone pocket" though I don't necessarily see the benefit in having that. Either way, the fit is somewhat close and if it fits you well, and you like the style, then no problem. Still, it's lame to ask for one thing and get another so I'd give that seller some hell. I'd give him more hell if you figure out that it's a fake. Check out http://www.honestwiki.com/index.php/Fake_Diesel_Jeans
for an article about how to spot fake diesels. I was going to bid on some online (I can't wear my Nudie RRDS every single day and I think the fit/brand would be better for when I go out to a bar or whatever).

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by turbozed
I can't wear my Nudie RRDS every single day
eek.gif

Streetwear forum blasphemy!

And on your first post too!

Welcome to the forum to you both....

hobo

Reaction score
FAKE! honestforum.com is a good place for telling you about fakes and not fakes

Reaction score
(I can't wear my Nudie RRDS every single day and I think the [diesel] fit/brand would be better for when I go out to a bar or whatever).
parentheses indicate sarcasm, yeah?

Flame

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(I can't wear my Nudie RRDS every single day and I think the [diesel] fit/brand would be better for when I go out to a bar or whatever).
the board of street coolness has just rejected your membership
devil.gif

RedStal95

Reaction score
That helps a lot. Luckily the seller I bought them from has no problem with me returning them so I'm only losing my shipping costs.

I will be going to the store today to try on a few pairs and will buy from dieselofmiami like DarkNWorn has suggested.

Thanks!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads