Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

New to forum, Looking for a new style.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by siscom3, Oct 27, 2008.

1. siscom3

siscom3 New Member

hey guys, I am new to the forum and found it because I want to learn more about fashion and style and change up my own style. I am currently only 18 but I want a style more mature looking and older but at the same time still good looking for an 18-20 yr old. If I could just get any tips or great brands and stores to shop at that would be most appreciated.

2. Sander

Sander Senior member

The usual reply:

1) There are lots of threads like this one posted by people in a similar situation as you. Use the search button and have a look at them.

2) Have a look at the WAYWT thread and get some inspiration there. Your question is so unspecific that there is no reasonable way to answer it before you don't give us an approximate direction for what you're looking for.

3) Some people might answer unfriendly to rude to this thread since (as I said in 1)) there are already lots of it and you obviously didn't make the effort to first look around before you posted this thread. I am (obv) not one of the rude ones but I can generally understand their motivation for being so.

3. illegalcheeser

illegalcheeser Well-Known Member

The most basic reply you'll probably get is to get a pair of raw denim. APC New Standards are a good place to start. Try denimbar in the affiliates above the threads.

4. Jekyll

Jekyll Senior member

5. aerether

aerether Senior member

If I've learned anything in my time here, it's that nobody can or will tell you what style you should adopt for yourself. Look around, see what looks good on other people, tweak it, see if it looks good on YOU, and keep refining till you see something you like.

tl;dr: aa/apc/chucks

6. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Big Winner

7. constant struggle

constant struggle Senior member

Steampunk?

Steampunk

8. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Senior member

I would recommend a decent pair of jeans like 45RPM Jomons. Also a nice leather jacket like a Rick Owens from eluxury.com. Throw in some basic tees from l'Maltieri and Label Under Construction and you'll be good to go. A solid and simple wardrobe.

The prices may seem a tiny bit high, but remember the alternative is to look like a peasant.

9. pharrow59

pharrow59 Senior member

I would recommend a decent pair of jeans like 45RPM Jomons. Also a nice leather jacket like a Rick Owens from eluxury.com. Throw in some basic tees from l'Maltieri and Label Under Construction and you'll be good to go. A solid and simple wardrobe.

The prices may seem a tiny bit high, but remember the alternative is to look like a peasant.

so it's $500 jeans or bust?

10. Nouveau Pauvre

so it's $500 jeans or bust?
    Not at all. Jomons are just the beginning you also need a decent jacket like Rick on the lower end or Poell if you appreciate quality. YOU BE GETTING TROLLED BITCH

11. shade449

shade449 Well-Known Member

Not at all. Jomons are just the beginning you also need a decent jacket like Rick on the lower end or Poell if you appreciate quality.

YOU BE GETTING TROLLED BITCH

You forgot the boots. Can't have a complete wardrobe without boots. I suggest a nice basic pair from Carpe Diem to start off.

12. Nouveau Pauvre

^ lol. You're right. Carpe is good entry level but you really need Carol Christian Poell or Anne Demeulemeester if you want any hope of standing out.

13. pridecake

pridecake Senior member

W+H Slim Fit Tiger Fleece Hoodie
    Loopwheeler Tee
    Dior Homme MIJ 19CM
    Common Projects Achilles Low

Done.
    lol

14. totally epic

totally epic Senior member

+++ Supreme. 19CM-MIJ. Vans.

15. hossoso

hossoso Coward and P*ssy

I'd go with something zazzy. Really zazz it up. Like a latter day Evel Kneivel but with more zazz.