• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New TM Lewin Suit what do you think to the fit?

iloveshirts

Reaction score
Just brought this Navy pine suit what do you think to the fit? Sorry about the shirt. The sleeves on the shirt are way too long.

Would love to hear your thoughts!

IMG_0368.JPG

IMG_0373.JPG

IMG_0372.JPG

IMG_0322.JPG

IMG_0344.JPG

IMG_0344.JPG

ThomGault

Reaction score
I can't judge anything with those pictures. Get a friend to operate the camera, get better lighting, use natural stance/poses, and ditch the car background.

dunivan

Reaction score
I think the jacket sleeves are too short. Other than that I can't really make details out with the photos.

Maljunulo

Reaction score
After thinking about it, if I am not being too honest ......... It looks more like a costume than a suit.

Maljunulo

Reaction score
I mean that it looks grotesque, when compared with the "conventional" view of how a suit should look and be worn.

But that's just my opinion.

iloveshirts

Reaction score
Your nice aren't you. Let's have a look at some of yours then.

Maljunulo

Reaction score
You asked, I didn't. I offered my opinion.

Let's knock this off before the thread gets locked.

Jacobs

Reaction score
I would consider a fuller, more traditional cut. You're very thin, and a tight fit only accentuates this. Also, the tighter fit is more trendy, which makes it seem like this is your first suit or that it isn't something you wear frequently. That is to say, rather than looking like a man who is well-established and mature, it gives off the image of a young man who just bought his first suit from the department store. Just my opinion.

iloveshirts

Reaction score
I would consider a fuller, more traditional cut. You're very thin, and a tight fit only accentuates this. Also, the tighter fit is more trendy, which makes it seem like this is your first suit or that it isn't something you wear frequently. That is to say, rather than looking like a man who is well-established and mature, it gives off the image of a young man who just bought his first suit from the department store. Just my opinion.

Thanks for your advice it is much appreciated. I take your points fully on board.

This suit is a "skinny fit". Do you think I should opt for slim fit the next time I buy a suit or regular fit? I assume regular fit will look huge on me!

Thanks once again!

Jacobs

Reaction score
That depends a lot on what the "fits" are, and what you think looks good. I do think that a fuller cut would look better, but it'd be very easy to go overboard, so it just depends on what the manufacturer considers slim and regular. Also, it depends on how you feel about your body. If you want to flaunt your thinness, go for a skinny or slim cut.

iloveshirts

Reaction score
IMG_0414.JPG
Is this fit better do you think?
That depends a lot on what the "fits" are, and what you think looks good. I do think that a fuller cut would look better, but it'd be very easy to go overboard, so it just depends on what the manufacturer considers slim and regular. Also, it depends on how you feel about your body. If you want to flaunt your thinness, go for a skinny or slim cut.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads