1. Hi. We moved systems, and because it was impossible to achieve feature parity between the systems, we opted to archive the old B&S threads but allow users to read them so that they can put them into our new B&S system.

There is a support thread if you have any issues.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

NEW Thorogood USA-made tobacco leather wedge-sole boots, size 9 Wide

Discussion in '2011-2017 Streetwear' started by maltimad, Oct 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maltimad

maltimad Well-Known Member

Thorogood USA-made boots, in size 9 Wide, in their signature beautiful tobacco leather. These are a bit different in that they're branded as 'Dunham'. But they're the exact same boots as Thorogood's famed American Heritage 6-inch Moc Toe Wedge sole boot as seen here: http://www.weinbrennerusa.com/dspNav...137&prodid=154

As you will be able to see from the pictures, the only differences are the obvious 'Dunham' branding, eyelets instead of speed hooks, 'Weinbrenner'-labeled outsole, Dunham-labeled cushioned insole and a 'Made in Usa' label sewn on the tongue instead of as a tab on the side. They were part of a small run made by Weinbrenner for Dunham to celebrate Dunham's 110th anniversary.

I've confirmed by phone with both Thorogood's maker Weinbrenner and Dunham/New Balance the above, and that - other than the design changes above - they're the EXACT same boots as the Thorogood American Heritage boots. This means of course, lifetime-quality Goodyear-welt construction, made in USA from steerhide tanned in the USA, composite shank, and ridiculous levels of comfort. If you're unfamiliar with Thorogood, please search these boards or Google it - and you'll see how loved and well-regarded they truly are.

The only problem? They don't fit me! But that's only my problem. They've been worn for two hours on carpet, in my house - so basically brand-new boots. The only thing I've done is put on leather conditioner specially formulated for oil-tanned leather. They're labeled 9EEE. HOWEVER, they run more like 9EE, or even 9E (with thicker socks).

Feel free to ask any questions, thanks!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 3, 2013

2. maltimad

maltimad Well-Known Member

Price drop to $101 shipped CONUS.

That's $40.00 (at least) retail.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.