• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NEW TAILOR BESPOKE NAPLES

Gianni Cerutti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This time I will share with you the experience I had in meeting the teacher Domenico Pirozzi of Naples. But it is not the Pirozzi that everyone knows. It has the same name but in my opinion, this of which I speak , is much better . Indeed, for me is one of signposting Neapolitan tailors . I say this after having tried several .

He is not famous and do not even want to become. He is the only one in Naples that is built like a jacket at the end of 1800. That is when the big tailors had not yet invented the Neapolitan jacket we all know.

His tailoring is located in the center of Naples. E ' in a building of 700 in Via Chiaia 197.

I approached him about a year ago. I did it because seeing his jacket to wear one of my clients was struck . That jacket was perfect . Then my client introduced me to the Master Domenico Pirozzi .

Its cut and its processing are unique. Often the jacket in great dressmakers passes through 10 different hands . And so the jacket runs the risk of losing personality. In short, the more the jacket goes into different hands and becomes more of a jacket package.

Pirozzi instead he does it all . From beginning to end . And he does it with passion and profession. What he does ask . It makes you saddled the shoulder , the shoulder-to- shoulder shirt and overturned. But with a unique class .

This is because it is not enough to cut and sew fabric hand . Otherwise they would be able to everyone. Instead Pirozzi is able to convey a touch of genius that makes each piece special. And when I'm down the street with his dress often people turn around. I say this because often Apita .

Then his two breasts are the most beautiful I've ever seen in my life . They make you feel like a king even when you're not !

To understand what I'm saying I want to show pictures of my double realize that I have done recently.

The fabric I bought from Il Vecchio Drappiere of Milan. It ' a shop that specializes in vintage fabrics for clothing. See that this is a fabric that has more than 50 years.

Look at the shoulders, neck and all the details of processing.

I really hope you can be useful to address this in Naples. To contact me you can send an email to: [email protected] . Also because he has no website . It ' true craftsman .

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I think GC uploads more pictures per post than any other affilliate vendor, and the forum is certainly better for it :)

Gianni Cerutti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
look at this other jacket that Pirozzi is creating me. It is always a double-breasted with shoulder saddled as in the early 1900s.

The great thing is really his hand in the cut and shape the fabric. The fabric in his hands becomes like a stone in the hands of a sculptor. The stitching you like a second skin.

And this fabric is fantastic. Both fabrics have found them by VecchioDrappiere of Milan. They are very specialized in vintage. And you think that this fabric of the jacket that you see is an old Zegna in 1950. It 'really fantastic.

The pants are a surprise instead. I'm always in wool vintage. I've always found the VecchioDrappiere of Milan. Even that is a Zegna in 1950.

Next week I'm going to do the second test Pirozzi ... I can not wait to be over. I will show you the pictures of the second test ... so you will also discover the pants.

What do you think?

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To judge anything you really need to provide pictures of you wearing the finished garment, with and without coat, all four views as well as pictures of the detail finish - trousers and inside the coat. These are little more than decorative.

Victor Elfo

Reaction score
You should get paid for your trolling, because you truly are a professional.

Gianni Cerutti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To judge anything you really need to provide pictures of you wearing the finished garment, with and without coat, all four views as well as pictures of the detail finish - trousers and inside the coat. These are little more than decorative.
thanks for your explanation. Really. But I do not understand what you mean when you ask me what I do see all 4 views. What do you mean? As soon as the head is over I'll show you every angle. thanks again for your advice

Victor Elfo

Reaction score
thank you very much for the nice words. I'm not a professional. I'm just a fan of besoke handmade 360 °. And then I'm also a fan of photography

I wasn't addressing you, I truly enjoyed your post and I'm looking forward to more.

Gianni Cerutti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wasn't addressing you, I truly enjoyed your post and I'm looking forward to more.
Oh thank you ... you're really very kind. In fact Pirozzi for me is really unique ... with my work I hi seen lots of clothes of my clients and tailors his clothes .. but as I have not seen anything. It has a line and a cut and unique workmanship. And then when you're wearing a dress her before many eyes that looked at you now do not look at you with much appreciation.

aph999

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Outstanding. This is why I came to the Styleforum.

Gianni Cerutti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thank you very much for your beautiful words. Really. In my small way, to be passionate, I try to be able to document from Italy who really makes things out of the ordinary. Also because everyone says they do bespoke suits ... but few are those who know how to make masterpieces. And when a jacket passes in 100 different hands has lost all that uniqueness that allows him to become a masterpiece. Instead Pirozzi he does it all. Just like over 100 years ago. Cuts, sews, stretches and forms to the body of the customer the fabric. So does it all and he alone with his hands.

Gianni Cerutti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thank you very much for your beautiful words. Really. In my small way, to be passionate, I try to be able to document from Italy who really makes things out of the ordinary. Also because everyone says they do bespoke suits ... but few are those who know how to make masterpieces. And when a jacket passes in 100 different hands has lost all that uniqueness that allows him to become a masterpiece. Instead Pirozzi he does it all. Just like over 100 years ago. Cuts, sews, stretches and forms to the body of the customer the fabric. So does it all and he alone with his hands.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 80 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 35 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads