• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NEW TAILOR BESPOKE NAPLES

Gianni Cerutti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like some of the jackets on this thread...especially some of the fabrics are very good

me personally...i prefer a smaller lapel on a double breasted jacket...
Thank you for your kind comment, really. The width of the lapels you decide. I like a little baggy. However, I agree with you that the clothes are really great bespoke Pirozzi. Then he also has many vintage fabrics that are unique. The last time I saw a coat that will be cut by 1 kg per meter. And that fabric will have 70-80 years.

Gianni Cerutti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here is a friend of mine during a fitting at Pirozzi. He is very tall. And even for tall people Pirozzi is great
Very nice that jacket. But above all it is already perfect the first try. Pirozzi for me on this is unbeatable! I wish I had that physique of your friend in the picture while I'm a little bit wrong =)

lysandar

Reaction score
Is that you (@Gianni Cerutti ) hiding behind the giant
biggrin.gif

[/spoiler]

From the mirrors, it's basically Gianni, MrSuit, and a third person, all in the store at the same time.

Fits are good nonetheless.

MrSuit

Reaction score
Here are the Pirozzi tailors hard at work making beautiful jackets. !!!!

MrSuit

Reaction score
Here is some of the vintage fabrics Pirozzi has..........simply beautiful vintage fabrics !!!!

Last edited:

jedwards

Reaction score

And here's my new bespoke suit. This is a vintage 1960's silk and wool always very cool vintage. Even in this Pirozzi I asked saddled with double-breasted with shoulder patch pockets

The fabrics I have taken the Old draper of Milan.

Great thread!

Really nice fabric, I like those slubby vintage silk fabrics.

I am visiting Italy in the next few months, does Pirozzi also make the more "classic" Neopolitan cuts with patch pockets?

I would like to visit Naples and a tailor there for the first time, but have read some tailors are not so great at understanding people like me who speak zero Italian!

Seems to be a bit of a dark art to understanding how to find a Neopolitan tailor without a hook-up. :)

Camilo

Reaction score
@jedwards Is AmericanGent still in Naples? If you're interested in finding a tailor you can communicate well with, he might be a good guy to ask.

Gianni Cerutti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Great thread!

Really nice fabric, I like those slubby vintage silk fabrics.

I am visiting Italy in the next few months, does Pirozzi also make the more "classic" Neopolitan cuts with patch pockets?

I would like to visit Naples and a tailor there for the first time, but have read some tailors are not so great at understanding people like me who speak zero Italian!

Seems to be a bit of a dark art to understanding how to find a Neopolitan tailor without a hook-up. :)

Thanks for the compliments.

Pirozzi may do any shoulder, sleeve cuffs and jacket. What makes you ask.

For English, there are no problems. When you go from Pirozzi he will find a guy who speaks English.

When you decide to go send me a private message and I'll organize the appointment. So for me it is just a pleasure.

jedwards

Reaction score
Thanks Camilo

I will maybe PM him nearer the time of my Italy trip.

Actually I have a few Italian friends (not based in Naples sadly) so I might get them to write down some of my aims in Italian. Want a vintage Italian tweed and a classic 'neopolitan' jacket, just not sure what's the "best" option for a tailor though as I do not have rubinacci budget, but I believe there are always tailors in any city who are just as good but do not have the same "brand" name or amazing store and are a lot cheaper.

Or any other SF Naples bespoke tailoring gurus, hit me up we'll go for a Cafe Americano and biscotti and tell me the best tailors in your town!! :slayer:

MrSuit

Reaction score
Is that you (@Gianni Cerutti) hiding behind the giant

No, its my trousermaker Luca. He also has brown hair and wears glasses. You know all Italians look alike. Brown hair etc. He indeed looks like Gianni. :D

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads