1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

New suit with sheen

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Forum User, Jan 31, 2016.

1. Forum User

Forum User New Member

Dear friend,

I am thinking of purchasing a new suit that has sheen on it. It is made of wool and silk. Would this suit be hard to maintain?

I own a shiny Jacket that is made of 62% wool, 36 viscose and 2% Lycra. I encountered difficulties in maintaining it (water stain from steaming and marks left on the jacket after scratching debris off the jacket).

I have never own a suit that has sheen and is made of wool and silk. Can other forum members please inform me if it is harder to maintain such a suit comparing with a 100% wool suit? What sort of problem I may encounter should I own such a suit?

Thanks.

2. mensimageconsultant

mensimageconsultant Senior member

1TimeForumUser? Regardless, no, a wool/silk suit should not require care any different from a pure wool suit.

3. hahabowen

hahabowen Member

is wool silk blend suit superior than 100% wool one in any way? and what about price?

4. mensimageconsultant

mensimageconsultant Senior member

Those questions are too broad. There are many types of wool, all silks are not the same, and some blends have different percentages. But if price happens to be about cleaning, again, there shouldn't be any difference.