• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Suit: Paul Stuart or Thick as Thieves

plaidguy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bull
Don't spend $1,600 on a Pauly. Come to Oxxford in Chicago and do their end-bolt MTM for $1500 - I will say it until I'm blue in the face: it is plainly the best deal around right now, and I can't imagine they will keep the promotion going when the economy recovers.
Please give more information on the Oxxford end-bolt offer. Is this available only in Chicago or at any of their dealers? Thanks.

Knowledge is King

Reaction score
Originally Posted by plaidguy
Please give more information on the Oxxford end-bolt offer. Is this available only in Chicago or at any of their dealers? Thanks.

Yeah I was in the NYC store last week (during that sample sale...whenever that was) and there was absolutely nothing mentioned about an offer like that. In fact, if I recall correctly even the sample sale suits were more than $1500 at 70% off.

bearsfan172

Reaction score
Oxxford suits are manufactured in Chicago, but yet their only flagship is in NYC. I believe however, that if you make an appointment, they will do an MTM right in the factory. Someone else would have to verify that though.

Not to hijack this thread, but I'm curious what you guys think in general of Paul Stuart's construction. I find their Phineas COle stuff very intriguing, but I'm not sure on the overall construction of it

kbuzz

Reaction score
Just trust yourself about fit if you got to PS. Their salespeople are err legendary .....do a search here or at AABC

Sebastian Melmoth

Reaction score
The salespeople at the Chicago Paul Stuart are great. I never felt rushed or pressured, even when I was a young fella with only $500 to spend. The NYC store has been more, well, NYC.

Because it was too complicated to figure out when I was going to get up to NYC (I live in Philly), I went to Boyds instead. I got a charcoal Trussini for $995, which is (I believe) the same as what a Paul model would have cost. The fabric felt great. It's full canvassed (pretty sure) like a Paul Stuart/Samuelsohn would have been. I'm feeling pretty good about it, we'll see when I pick it up.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads