• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Suit advice

Clemson Man

Reaction score
Was hoping to get some advice regarding a new suit purchase. I did a lot of research on this forum a couple of years ago and ended up buying a couple of Samuelsohn suits which I've enjoyed, but am now looking for some variety. I'm trying to stay in the $1500-$2700 range and have a slimmer body type so am researching slimmer fits.

I've currently looked at Lanvin, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, and Canali Milano. Any other recommendations for good brands in that price range? I live in NYC so I have access to try on most labels.

coldinboston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Was hoping to get some advice regarding a new suit purchase.  I did a lot of research on this forum a couple of years ago and ended up buying a couple of Samuelsohn suits which I've enjoyed, but am now looking for some variety.  I'm trying to stay in the $1500-$2700 range and have a slimmer body type so am researching slimmer fits.  

I've currently looked at Lanvin, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, and Canali Milano.  Any other recommendations for good brands in that price range?  I live in NYC so I have access to try on most labels.

Not sure if you are looking at only full price and what colors/patterns you are thinking about (i.e staples like solid navy vs plaid etc..)
At that price range and living in new york you can also wait for some end of the season sales and pick up isaia (gregory or cortina are slimmer fits) or sartorio both of which are excellent IMO (again i dont know how you feel about neopolitan tailoring and what you are looking for). Both probably will be closer to the 2700 range. Maybe even less depending on the pattern/color.

Last edited:

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Label shopping?

Featured Sponsor

What is your preferred frame style for men's sunglasses?

• Aviator

• Wayfarer

• Clubmaster

• Round

• Wrap-around

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James.OB