New Suit advice

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Clemson Man, Mar 12, 2016.

1. Clemson Man

Clemson Man Member

Was hoping to get some advice regarding a new suit purchase. I did a lot of research on this forum a couple of years ago and ended up buying a couple of Samuelsohn suits which I've enjoyed, but am now looking for some variety. I'm trying to stay in the $1500-$2700 range and have a slimmer body type so am researching slimmer fits.

I've currently looked at Lanvin, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, and Canali Milano. Any other recommendations for good brands in that price range? I live in NYC so I have access to try on most labels.

2. sebastian mcfox

sebastian mcfox Senior member

Make an appointment to see Greg and Kyle at No Man Walks Alone and try on a Sartoria Formosa suit. Probably your best bet for price/quality ratio.

3. coldinboston

coldinboston Senior member

Not sure if you are looking at only full price and what colors/patterns you are thinking about (i.e staples like solid navy vs plaid etc..)
    At that price range and living in new york you can also wait for some end of the season sales and pick up isaia (gregory or cortina are slimmer fits) or sartorio both of which are excellent IMO (again i dont know how you feel about neopolitan tailoring and what you are looking for). Both probably will be closer to the 2700 range. Maybe even less depending on the pattern/color.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2016

4. GBR

GBR Senior member

Label shopping?

5. Clemson Man

Clemson Man Member

Thanks for the suggestions. I will look into Sartoria Formosa.