1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

New suit advice - need to buy online

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by jags, Dec 7, 2004.

1. leroy

leroy Active Member

I think it would be better to go for a good fit for the suit rather than getting something bigger for the slight growth unless you are not intending to wear it often.

Without a good fit in a men's suits can make any man look sloppy in it no matter how good quality it is.

2. jags

jags Member

Of the suits I've tried 40R has been fine; I'm pretty confident it's generally the right size for me.

3. pfunk

pfunk Member

4. FCS

FCS Senior member

Sorry to hijack the thread, but you're in Perth, WA? Used to live there for about 4 years studying at Curtin Uni, but unfortunately at that time I didn't have much clue about quality (Roger David was good enough). I'm pretty sure some Australian members here could chip in more info, or alternatively you could buy from some of our trusted members.

What uni are you at, if you don't mind me asking?

Ferry

5. Horace

Horace Senior member

I wonder if Press isn't carrying Sammy as their new manufacturer. If so, you can get a decent (and I think pretty good) suit for US$550 less 25% off (their sale is on now), and have it shipped to you. Or you can get their top of the line for about $795.00.

Both lines are made in Canada. And worn by penny-pinching WASP in the USA.

6. jags

jags Member

7. jags

jags Member

Does anyone have any ideas as to where else I might find a Zegna charcoal pinstripe (pictured in the last post) online? Also, does anyone have any experience buying at menssuitsinnewyork.com? pfunk?

Cheers.