• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New sub-forum for shoe?

pejsek

Reaction score
I'm also against it. I must say I don't understand this impulse to segregate (so seemingly common on internet fora). The logical end result would be very focused conversations involving only a handful of people (in other words, forum death). Hey, how about the Neapolitan Shoulder Forum?! If the shoe discussions and pictures bother you, perhaps you should take a bit of time to think about what might be drawing you to a clothing discussion board in the first place.

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
j already weighed in on this topic, so why the poll?

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
If the members were overwhelmingly in favor, I'd consider it, so no big deal. But again, I think separate shoe forum(s) would just add to the confusion for members looking to get advice. I guess we could then make a "which shoes with these clothes and vice versa" forum for each S&D and MC...

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Early exit polls are not favorable to the shoe subforum lobby.

yachtie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No. No new subforum. What's next, one for ties, one for pocket squares, one for laces, one for braces etc...

tattersall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by yachtie
one for laces

The endless debates on round vs. flat not to mention which brands are more handmade...

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
****, I thought this was the "sub-forum for Pat Buchanan" thread.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
****, I thought this was the "sub-forum for Pat Buchanan" thread.
lol8[1].gif

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The separate subforum for shoes seems kind of pointless to me. Everyone who is interesting in dressing well is going to have a strong interest in good shoes and vice versa, so why isolate the shoe threads?

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
I'm against it. Easier to search for new threads when all is together...

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
What's with you people and your insane love of shoes? I've never seen anything like it. It borders on the psychotic.
crackup[1].gif

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I am putting in my vote against shoe subforum... but in FAVOR of Pocket Square subforum! (but put it in 'streetwear')
smile.gif

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Might be nice to clear the shoe freaks out of here. Improve the atmosphere and what not.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads