New style Red Wing boots (possible new 875 colors)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Rambo, Oct 15, 2007.

1. robin

robin Senior member

esp if one wears lots of denim/cord/tweed. I don't think those kind of bottoms look their best with a sleek/elongated shoe and just cry for something beefier
    ++

2. freelance robotics

freelance robotics Senior member

what do you guys think of the red wings' RWI boots and the RWE chukkas? i kind of like them, and the price tag is pretty agreeable so i was thinking of maybe snagging a pair sometime over the winter

3. warrengharding

warrengharding Well-Known Member

I would like to get a pair of those gentleman's travellers off of cultizm but am unsure of the sizing. Since, returns don't appear easy with them, around what size would I get if my US sneaker size is 10.5? I assume 9.5 (based on what cultizm states)?

Also, this will be my first pair of boots, so how should boots normally fit my foot?

edit: Just wanted to say, I googled for boot fit and most of what I found seems straight forward but I have a question. Most places say the heel should slip a bit and this will go away in time. What are some of your experiences with this?

4. Torn

Torn Well-Known Member

edit: Just wanted to say, I googled for boot fit and most of what I found seems straight forward but I have a question. Most places say the heel should slip a bit and this will go away in time. What are some of your experiences with this?

I don't know specifically about the gentleman traveler sizing but the 9.5 sounds right based on what I've heard.

As far as heel slipping, you will have a little bit to begin with and it does go away once the boot softens in the back a little. However, it should be minimal to begin with. If the boot rubs you raw because it slips, it is probably a little big. If you can't exchange them, get a simple heel insert that will lift your heel a little. This will often be enough to keep the heel from rubbing. Once the boot breaks in a little, you can take them out or leave them in.

5. augustin

augustin Well-Known Member

What is the 'Horween Chromexcel leather' with which the 1910D is made (according to cultism.com)?

6. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

Horween is supposed to be one of the best leather makers in the US http://www.horween.com/ Chromexcel is the tanning, black in this case I belive.

7. tcalvin

tcalvin Member

I ordered a pair of Gentleman Travelers from cultizm a few weeks ago. I normally wear a size 11 in everything. I sized down a half to 10.5 and it is a perfect fit. I could not have gone down any further. Great boot by the way.

Also, there is no heel slip at all with mine.

8. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

I ordered a pair of Gentleman Travelers from cultizm a few weeks ago. I normally wear a size 11 in everything. I sized down a half to 10.5 and it is a perfect fit. I could not have gone down any further. Great boot by the way.

Also, there is no heel slip at all with mine.

good to hear. I ordered the black cherry GTs too, in a ½ size down as well, should have them today [​IMG]

9. Abudeeba

Abudeeba Well-Known Member

Yow, those Gentleman Travelers look really nice. I've had a lot of jobs that required serious work boots, so I've never considered them as casual wear. FWIW, here's a pair on Ebay. Too bad I need some 11's.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Red-Wing-191...QQcmdZViewItem

10. underwearer

underwearer Senior member

Thats so awesome they are already turning up on the bay.

why does everyone find them to run big? RW fit me true to size.

11. Abudeeba

Abudeeba Well-Known Member

I think I'll run up to my local RW store and figure out measurements. I have the opportunity of ordering a pair through my local clothing store with a 10% discount but I should figure out my size first. BTW, my local vendor said the actual model number is 9011 rather than 1911. Does that make sense? Neither number shows up on the Red Wing website.

Okay, I called a Red Wing store and the woman stated that the model number is in fact 9011. Price is about $239. Here's something interesting: these boots are from the Red Wing 'casual' line and are made in China. Red Wing work boots are made in the US. I mention this in case y'all are thinking that the 9011's are 'work boots' per se.

12. underwearer

underwearer Senior member

BTW, my local vendor said the actual model number is 9011 rather than 1911. Does that make sense? Neither number shows up on the Red Wing website.

Thats the number shown on the red wing Europe site. (under the Beckman collection)

Interesting that they don't have the 1913(9013) which is the red ones...

13. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

good to hear. I ordered the black cherry GTs too, in a ½ size down as well, should have them today [​IMG]
    You're on quite the boot kick. Let us know how they turn out.

14. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

got em today...size-wise the ones I went down ½ size fit much better than my actual size

My first impression wasnt too thrilling, the color wasnt really what I expected (the Black Cherry)...it's more "black" with very little "cherry". I dunno, maybe they will get more cherry after some polishing and wear but I'm on the fence about keeping them or not.

15. dusty

dusty Senior member

How about some photos Jason?