• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Streetwear Line ***Dirty Jerz CC

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i actually posted this on an nj based forum i belong to, and instead of them joining in with me to ridicule, half of them decided they like it and may be picking up some designs

SO IT SEEMS I HAVE GOT YOU GUYS SOME CUSTOMERS
LOL

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
"Cringe". Some of the previous comments caused my balls get up and hide somewhere in my gut!.

Whilst these tee's are in no way reflective of the taste level here they're not bad for the Urban marketplace, they sure **** on most graphics that come from the major East Coast Urban brands now trying to play in the world of "Street".

On a side note anyone endevoring to do something creative (especially a small startup) should be given some credit for having a go!, better than Crack'n Skulls, Capp'n Fools and Slapp'n Ho's for cash money in Newark!.

DirtyJerzCC

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Surfrider
What I was trying to tell you, in a very diplomatic and polite manner, is that there is a very high probability that the majority people who peruse this forum are going to think your clothes are ugly as ****. There is also a very high probability of you being flamed. Furthermore, I was implying that the fact you even *considered* advertising here indicates one or more of the following: 1) you are incapable of, or too lazy to investigate what people here actually like, 2) you don't give a **** what people here like, and you think that any publicity is good publicity (it's not, which researching this place even a tiny bit would learn you [edit: See Bam!ChairDance's post]).

Lastly, I was trying to warn you that, in posting here, a not insignificant portion of the user base is going to think you're a stupid and/or lazy prick (in the case of #1 above), or a asshole that doesn't give a **** about filling up the forum with irrelevant drivel (in the case of #2), and, most importantly, that those people who are possessed of such opinions will not be complimentary should they ever have occasion to speak of your label.

I was trying to be helpful (still am) whilst tactfully pointing out your folly. Really.

Brutal honesty without malice? I think your shirts are ugly as ****. I think they look cheap and unpolished, like something that anyone could produce with a home screen printing kit. I think they're trashy, I think they're unoriginal, and I think they are completely indistinguishable from hundreds of other upstart designers. You wouldn't find one of those things covering my corpse.

However (as I stated previously) I think there are lots of SuFu and Hypebeast kids that will eat 'em up.

I meant no disrespect with my post. I apparently misinterpreted the purpose of this forum. I can tell you honestly that I work hard at what I do, however aesthetially offensive you may find it, and would appreciate at very least a bit of respect.

Nico Samuel Pleninsek

Reaction score
The middle one isn't too bad; I may pick it up for a friend who is into this stuff.

But on here, you are not going to be received kindly; for, no one on this board wears much of this sort of clothing.

Good luck!

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
They're not the worst I've seen by far. Obviously, completely not my thing. But at least you have a good attitude about it.

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's lookin' like it's time to revive Cilla Crocodile Clothing.

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DirtyJerzCC
I meant no disrespect with my post. I apparently misinterpreted the purpose of this forum. I can tell you honestly that I work hard at what I do, however aesthetially offensive you may find it, and would appreciate at very least a bit of respect.

Strive on, you'll always face harsh criticism, whether here, from your customer base, stores etc. If your clothes appealed to everyone they wouldn't mean ****.

Nothing better than some brutal criticism to make you say "*******" and keep going for what you believe in.

Surfrider

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DirtyJerzCC
You mistake my unfiltered opinion for intentional disrespect. As I pointed out, even though *I* think your clothes are ******* hideous, I am only one person, and I'm absolutely certain there are *others* that will dig 'em. I even gave you a pointer where to find them. Please re-read my original post, and note the disclaimers in my second. And when I said "good luck," I meant it; you'll need it in a crowded marketplace.
Originally Posted by Rye GB
Strive on, you'll always face harsh criticism, whether here, from your customer base, stores etc. If your clothes appealed to everyone they wouldn't mean ****. Nothing better than some brutal criticism to make you say "*******" and keep going for what you believe in.
Quoted for truth; if you get all butt hurt after taking criticism from some random jackass on a 'net forum, the business/fashion world is going to put you over a barrel.

DirtyJerzCC

Reaction score
please believe, im not bent out of shape about this at all. I appreciate an honest response and can handle critcism without ****** hurting as a side effect.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nico Samuel Pleninsek
The middle one isn't too bad; I may pick it up for a friend who is into this stuff.

Isn't the brass knuckles, AK-47s, &c. motif something that Artful Dodger, Problem Solvers, &c. have beaten to death?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads