• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NEW STOCK! NWT RLPL and RL Polo suits and coats in several sizes!

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
PRICE CUT >>>>> PRICE CUT >>>>> PRICE CUT

Gentlemen, the Ralph Lauren rollercoaster continues.
smile.gif

As always, I try to pick items that are a little special while still bringing you competitive discount prices. I hope this week's selection is to your satisfaction. This thread also consolidates one or two unsold items from previous threads, now further discounted.

Everything is NEW WITH TAGS, and in pristine mint condition.

1) 38R RLPL plaid overcoat - $1250 inc. worldwide shipping NOW JUST $1100

I was planning on keeping this overcoat and to be honest if it doesn't sell, I probably will. However, my conscience is telling me to resist temptation and offer it for sale at a sensible level of discount rather than the rather high-ball previous price I was asking.

This magnificent 75% wool, 25% angora overcoat would retail for around $4800. I am offering it for a total price, inc. worldwide shipping, of just $1250. An astonishing bargain for what has rightly been described in the previous thread as "a coat for life".

8x3 buttons
2 outside flap pockets, 2 inside pockets
single rear vent
cinch button belt at rear waist
buttoned epaulettes on shoulders
basted sleeves for perfect lengths

tagged 38R
shoulder-shoulder seam: 17.75"
chest circumference: 42"
crown-cuff: 25.5" (+1)
length: 48.5"
waist at narrowest point: 38" (36" with back belt cinch done up)

2) 38R/40R RL Polo chocolate brown moleskin overcoat - $399 NOW JUST $350

The moleskin fabric on this overcoat has a wonderful, rich, thick nap. It would retail for around $1500. The colour is a deep chocolate brown, but in the brightest sunshine a slight autumn red can emerge. At just $399, it's a great fall overcoat.

3 buttons
notch lapels
single rear vent
2 flap pockets and standard breast pocket
2 inside pockets

tagged 38R
shoulder seam-shoulder seam: 18.75"
chest circumference: 43.5
crown-cuff: 26" (+1)
length: 43.25"

This coat is tagged 38R, but if you look at the measurements, you'll see that it might suit a 40R better. Possibly even a 42R, depending on how snugly fitting you like coats to fit and whether you wear a jacket under the overcoat.

3) 42R RLPL charcoal grey chalkstripe DB suit - $999 NOW JUST $899

Awesome. Look at the pics if you think I'm just giving you a sales pitch. If you've yearned for a classic grey flannel chalkstripe DB, this is the one for you. This RLPL, made by St Andrews, is wonderfully styled and constructed. It would retail for over $4000. 95% wool, 5% cashmere, and just $999. You won't regret this purchase.

Jacket:

6x1 DB
peak lapels
2 flap pockets, 1 ticket pocket, standard breast pocket
3 inside pockets
double side vents
basted sleeves for perfect length

tagged 42R
shoulder seam-shoulder seam: 19.25"
chest circumference: 46"
crown-cuff: 25" (+1)
length: 30.5"
jacket waist: 42"

Trousers:

double-pleated
full unhemmed length
side adjusters
2 rear button-through pockets
2 standard side pockets
brace buttons
v-notch split waistband
3/4 lined
2 hook, 1 button closure
zip fly

tagged 36
internal waist: 36" (+2.25)
cuff diameter at 34" inside leg: 9.25" (18.5" circumference)

4) 46R RL Polo navy stripe suit - $399 NOW JUST $350

I don't usually offer Polo suits, but when I see a really nice one, I can't resist. This navy is a lovely shade of blue and the stripe is subtle, yet provides a nice bit of interest. Good suit this one. Not RLPL quality, but it will serve you very well indeed and last a long time. If you bought it at retail it would cost about $1600, but I'm asking just $399.

Jacket

3 buttons (rolls to just a fraction below the top button and all 3 can be buttoned)
notch lapels
double side vents
2 flap pockets, standard breat pocket
3 inside pockets

tagged 46R
shoulder seam-shoulder seam: 19.75"
chest circumference: 49.5"
crown-cuff: 26.25" (+1)
length: 32

Trousers

flat fronts
belt loops
2 button through back pockets
2 standard side pockets
hook + button closure
zip fly
1/2 lined
split waistband

tagged 40 (drop 6 from jacket)
internal waist: 40" (+2)
cuff diameter at 34" inside leg: 9.5" (19" circumference)

5) 44R Ralph Lauren Black Label suit anthracite grey glen plaid suit - now listed on eBay, starting at just $499

Shipping on the suits is $50 worldwide inc. insurance, online tracking. $25 within the UK. Shipping on the moleskin overcoat will be $60 worldwide (again with insurance & tracking) and $30 within the UK. It is a heavy item and costs me extra to ship; my apologies.

PM me with any questions and with your purchase choices.

Enjoy!

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wish that moleskin coat would fit me
frown.gif

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sorry, not this time... but you never know what the future may bring!
smile.gif

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The PL DB is really a 6x2 that rolls to the second button. I would button the top one myself.

chas

Reaction score
Is the 42R still on ebay? I can't seem to locate it.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EL72
The PL DB is really a 6x2 that rolls to the second button. I would button the top one myself.

Thank you! I went and checked - you're right, the top one can indeed be buttoned and I've corrected the sales description. I think with that roll, it looks more dashing with the just bottom one done up but I'll take a pic with the top one done up instead, because more buyers will prefer that I think. Thank you again.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

EDIT - inserted appropriate new photo. I still think the 6x1 style looks much better with the lapel roll and button positioning, but you're right that if personal preference is for 6x2 you can do this. The jigger button is at the lower button level though, which makes me think 6x1 is the intended style.

EDIT2 - you know, the more I think about it, the more I'm sure it's meant to be a 6x1. The button positioning is such that I can't believe the top one is meant to be done up. It sends the bottom of the coat out of balance. I've changed the description back as I think 6x1 is the most honest description of the suit "as is".

With the top one done up, it just looks "off":

Originally Posted by chas
Is the 42R still on ebay? I can't seem to locate it.

The 42R Black Label I had last week? It sold without the need for relisting, I'm afraid. Should have jumped on it; I could have done with a bidding war on that one! Doubt the actual buyer agrees though.
smile.gif

tom288

Reaction score
Hey Holdfast, Im not sure but you don't take requests do you? Do you ever run into a solid navy, preferably 2 button, or some 3 piece RL suits in 42R?

Master Shake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Terrific stuff. None my size. Let me know if you ever see a 44L suit in navy.
smile.gif

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tom288
Hey Holdfast, Im not sure but you don't take requests do you? Do you ever run into a solid navy, preferably 2 button, or some 3 piece RL suits in 42R?

I do keep notes on requests and check for them when I next go "shopping" but can't guarantee if and when I'll get them in stock.

thebeatblitz

Reaction score
Didn't get home in time on Sunday to bid on the 44R. Going to have to wait another 6 days
confused.gif

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thebeatblitz
Didn't get home in time on Sunday to bid on the 44R. Going to have to wait another 6 days
confused.gif

Bid early, bid often.
smile.gif

Seriously, if you don't like entering your max bid early, try a snipe program. I don't use one myself, but I gather there a variety of free trial programs around?

Originally Posted by chorse123
38R suits (or tux)! 38R, 38R, 38R!

Ha ha ha - 38 sized suits have to go past my own filter. Actually, I do have a NWT 38S RLPL tweed that I haven't got round to taking to the tailor yet and might fit you. It's the one from this thread. Price as listed.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
I remember that suit. It looks great, but would be about an inch too short for me.

I really need to take it to the tailor soon, before I end up selling it to someone instead.
laugh.gif

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is the herringbone Polo jacket from that thread still available?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads