• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Sport Coat - Critique Fit, Please

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These pictures are a bit grainy, but hopefully they're enough to get some constructive feedback:
sc1.jpg
sc2.jpg
sc3.jpg
sc4.jpg
Thanks in advance! (And no, Dad, I won't cut my hair.) - K

Ivar

Reaction score
Sleeves are too long, but other than that, it looks OK in a conservative business dress kind of way.

Ivar

Reaction score
= casual business dress

business-casual.gif

dozingoff.gif

Ivar

Reaction score
LOL, no you look pretty cool. Definitely do not cut that hair off!

james_timothy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It looks good to me, too.

In the land of more finicky thoughts, I'd raise the buttons a bit, maybe an inch higher- imagine putting the top button where the lapels now cross. Same with the pockets- they are an inch or two lower than I'd put them, which is riding on the hip. It's almost like it is a bit long, but the hem is where your fingers curl so that isn't it. The shoulders and lapels, on the other hand, just look good.

So yeah, I like it. Keep the hair. Don't go conservative business dress, the other conservative business dress, Conservative Business Dress.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
looks solid. You could trim the sleeves a bit but they're more then acceptable as is. Body might be an inch long but still, fine.

would like to see a closed jacket picture to see how the chest lies and a back show to see if it needs work.

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master-Classter
looks solid. You could trim the sleeves a bit but they're more then acceptable as is. Body might be an inch long but still, fine. would like to see a closed jacket picture to see how the chest lies and a back show to see if it needs work.
By "closed jacket" do you mean something different from the second picture? For the back picture, I'll see if I can get someone to snap that photo for me. I was thinking the jacket was a tad long, because I feel I look shorter when I put it on, and I don't think that should happen.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Closed jacket means it would give us a better idea of fit to see the top button done.

camorristi

Reaction score
The jacket fits you very well, you can shorten the sleeve an inch or so. The pants on the other hands, are big.

Roger Everett

Reaction score
Looks good at the shoulders -- the buttoned shot , looks like a good fit w/ room to move --- sleeves a pinch long ---
The side shot appears to me, although I can't get a real good look at it forom the shot, as though you have a bit of roll at the collar ( rear ). I also have fairly square accross shoulders and get this fixed. Getting it done right, where they open up collar and shoulder seams, to tuck in, runs me $45 in my area. But it makes a big difference in appearence from rear. most important -- go to a good tailor and not an alterations place, and never to alterations at a cleaners.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kgmessier
By "closed jacket" do you mean something different from the second picture? For the back picture, I'll see if I can get someone to snap that photo for me.
I was thinking the jacket was a tad long, because I feel I look shorter when I put it on, and I don't think that should happen.

oops, yep that's the one. I didn't see that pic.

a back shot (timer?) will help as well.

basically overall looks solid. A little sleeve shortening and maybe a few other tweeks will get it looking even better.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads