1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

New song from Ceelo Green (from Gnarls Barkley) is awesome

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by sonick, Aug 24, 2010.

1. sonick

sonick Senior member

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Gonna be hummin' this all week!

2. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

The Xbox atari lyric was unfortunate in terms of dating, kind of like when rappers talk about Iraq.

3. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Pretty good, indeed. Who did the production?

4. Andrewc2232

Andrewc2232 Senior member

Yeah, this song is fantastic.

Seriously one of my favorite songs in a long time.

I love Cee-Lo though; I probably like his solo stuff more than Gnarls Barkley.

"...five foot six inch god..."

5. gladhands

gladhands Senior member

Seeing Cee-Lo get the (from Gnarls Barkley) tag made me a little sad.

6. Drakkar Jaune

Drakkar Jaune Active Member

indeed. Goodie Mob first pls.

7. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

Nothing sounds good after this.

8. dave

dave Senior member

Cee-lo's shawshank

there's a dirty dancing one as well.

9. dusty

dusty Senior member

Don't like these typography music videos but great song.

10. life_interrupts

life_interrupts Senior member

indeed. Goodie Mob first pls.
    Goodie Mob is too much for today's ears. None of the people who know Cee-lo today could even appreciate his Dungeon Family days. Gnarls Barkley isn't a bad way to be known, considering. Love the song, tho.

11. boogaboogabooga

boogaboogabooga Senior member

I really don't like the song. Nostalgic early 60's soul juxtaposed with profane popular expressions? It's a genre skip away from being an Adam Sandler song and definitely a step back from what he's done with Gnarls and Outkast. Hopefully he gets paid. I like the guy.

12. XenoX101

XenoX101 Senior member

I agree about the profanity, but the song itself is quite good. I'm hoping that it was more a PR stunt for Ceelo Green and that the rest of his material will be more mature/less profane, but we'll see.

13. boogaboogabooga

boogaboogabooga Senior member

I agree about the profanity, but the song itself is quite good. I'm hoping that it was more a PR stunt for Ceelo Green and that the rest of his material will be more mature/less profane, but we'll see.

My problem isn't so much with the profanity itself but more with the overall idea of the song. I don't think it's horribly ambitious.

14. Hop

Hop Well-Known Member

The Xbox atari lyric was unfortunate in terms of dating, kind of like when rappers talk about Iraq.

[​IMG]

15. Jekyll

Jekyll Senior member

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. Nilsson did it first. Sort of.