• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Shoes (revised)

yeayea

Reaction score
What kind of shoes are appropriate with denim? What should I look for when I shop?

IMO, dress shoes with denim look awkward, but then again the shoe-sneaker hybrids could be fashion-victim/metro territory. Is there a happy middle?

Any tips to get me started?

Thanks!!

YeaYea!

Bandwagonesque

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Get boots. If I had the money, I'd replace almost all of my sneakers with boots.

Look at the RM Williams thread to get some ideas.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Just stick with the other thread, a lot of people are suggesting sneakers. You can always edit your original post if you want to make it more sneaker oriented. If you just look in the waywn thread you'll see what type of shoes are appropriate with denim. Depending on what you're wearing with the denim the answer is EVERYTHING. Casual clothes usually call for sneakers, dressier clothes usually call for boots or dress shoes. You can always mix and match. Don't stress

cldpsu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, if your short heel length(the length from the back of your heel to the front bone in ur foot, the navicular bone) is long enough.. you should get these brandos. Keep in mind these boots have a 14 inch shaft circumference. The boot shaft is the part of the boot that hugs your leg. You would probably want to at least go with an 8 inch leg opening pair of denim so there is some slack between the boot and the pant leg. If there isn't, you might get a funny look at the top of the shaft. I know i do. My legs don't hug the shafts by any means so when i walk, they move forward and backwards and you see a wierd bulge coming out of the pant leg. Is there anyway i can explain this without sounding like im talking about.... other things.

yeayea

Reaction score
thanks all... sorry for the multiple threads..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads