• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New shoes: recommendations?

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Shopping for new shoes... tired of chucks, but can't tear myself away from the style of them altogether. I posted this in another thread because I hate to inflict these poll things on the forum, so, my apologies. Your input is appreciated. I may add others and would very much appreciate other options (I know you've got tons) or if you think other colours would be better, but price is an issue or I'd be listing CPs Lanvins and Margielas. AMQ Puma
audigierjuly2302.jpg
Leaning towards these. PF Flyers Albin (Plum)
_DSC0002_detail.jpg
PF Flyers Glide (Brown/Blk/Gld)
_DSC0057_detail.jpg
Tretorn Skane
_DSC0055_full.jpg
CR Ponti
_DSC0005_full.jpg

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
Mostly I wear Acne mics in raw, and rag&bone RB11s which I had tapered. My Earnest Sewn Kyrre are currently out of the rotation, but might come back in at some point. I also wear Nudie RRDS, though probably not with the above shoes. My next pair of jeans might be Somet Slims or PBJ XX-010s.
Pulled from the other thread:
Alright, while in theory I think the Skane's have a very interesting retro twist feel, I don't they're well proportioned for you unless your physique has changed since some of your WAYWT's. Honestly, I like the AMQ's a little bit better than the PF Albin's here unless you have lots of other black sneaks already. They looks a bit better quality as well, but that sort of thing's hard to tell from pics. The AMQ's texture and features are moreso unique, but not too out there. Not a fan of the glide's or that colorway of the Pointi either. Your choice in the end though.

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FWIW, I think those skanes look cool.
Who sells them?

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've got that exact pair of AMQ Pumas. They're black. I've gotten several compliments the one time I've worn them. The heel is extremely tight. You might need a shoehorn to get the bastard on until it "breaks" in. It feels true to size (10.5 is my size). Overall? Not sure if I'd plonk down another $200 on those, but I needed another pair of black leather low-tops to replace my Asics Onitsuka Tigers. I like those tretorns. Actually,I'm torn betweenthe skanes and the glides. I'd have to see them in person. The skanes look a little classier. There are a couple nylon skanes on zappos. EDIT: I didn't see the skanes on tobi, but here they re on revolve: http://www.revolveclothing.com/b/Pro...?code=TRET-MZ9 10 and 10.5 only. I wish I knew how they fit.. I need a brown-themed hightop. :/ There's a Dassler Puma that I'd kill for, but at $270...

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Creative Recreation

themidship22

Reaction score
Wow Socal!... I just checked out creative recreation... what fresh and unique styles... I Want like 8 different pairs haha

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Creative Recreation has been around a while.
smile.gif

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
I went off the board and picked up these Generic Man:
THEG-MZ10_V1.jpg
http://www.revolveclothing.com/b/Dis...jsp%3F%26d%3Db Here's hoping they fit, otherwise they'll be in the B&S at a discount. I might grab the Skanes anyway though. I mean, they're only 90 bucks - 10% or whatever the tobi code gives you.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads